Why become a member? ×

New Gallien Krueger Legacy heads

cetera

22 hours ago, fretmeister said:

Well with the delays I’ve spent my money on a Little Marcus 800.

Ill start saving again for the Legacy now! 😂

Congrats - I think the new MB ranges looks great. They've taken everything good from the old LM3 and sorted out the EQ centre points to make them much more in line what most bass players would be looking for and remove some of the previous gaping EQ 'holes'.

Can't quite work out what, if any, the significant differences between the Little Marcus 800 and the newer Marcus Limited 800 amps are!

2 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Congrats - I think the new MB ranges looks great. They've taken everything good from the old LM3 and sorted out the EQ centre points to make them much more in line what most bass players would be looking for and remove some of the previous gaping EQ 'holes'.

Can't quite work out what, if any, the significant differences between the Little Marcus 800 and the newer Marcus Limited 800 amps are!

Different EQ once again. Instead of the Old School / Millerizer controls.

My 800 should arrive  late next week. I could have got it quicker from elsewhere but I had Andertons points to spend too.

1 hour ago, Thunderpaws said:

Just watched the longer of the GK YouTube videos for these. I want one! And not because of GAS either, more that I think it would sit very well with my band in terms of tone and adjustability. 

That really is a good demo isn't it? I wish a few other companies would take note, rather than have some numb-skulled herbert slapping the crap out of a bass in attempt to demonstrate the "flexibility" of an amp.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, WHUFC BASS said:

That really is a good demo isn't it? I wish a few other companies would take note, rather than have some numb-skulled herbert slapping the crap out of a bass in attempt to demonstrate the "flexibility" of an amp.

Yeah, I don’t slap (mainly because I’m no good at it) and many tube videos seem to be all about the slap. That video shows a few usable tones. The drive seems pretty spot on. 

On 05/07/2019 at 12:18, fretmeister said:

From old pics I've found I think the Legacy's ARE the fusion heads - just been a name change.

I found some pics of "New Fusion" heads and they look just like the Legacy models.

Just found a video (see below) from Namm 19 which suggests there IS a difference and a new line of Fusion heads will be released later this year. Which realistically means 2020 for us I guess ;)

Dangerous. Loved the demo video of the Legacy but wonder if I’d prefer the FusionS. I certainly preferred the MB Fusion over the MB500. Eek. Trouble this way comes.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I had a limited chance to demo the new Legacy head at the Gtr & Bass Show yesterday and it sounded great. Even with EQ flat it had clarity, depth, authority and dare I say it 'heft'. Engaging the drive channel really added a nice grit boost and it certainly felt like it had 'authority'.
Once I've had a chance to give it a proper go in a quieter environment I just may purchase one (prob the 800)!

On 22/07/2019 at 20:52, Merton said:

Just found a video (see below) from Namm 19 which suggests there IS a difference and a new line of Fusion heads will be released later this year. Which realistically means 2020 for us I guess ;)

Dangerous. Loved the demo video of the Legacy but wonder if I’d prefer the FusionS. I certainly preferred the MB Fusion over the MB500. Eek. Trouble this way comes.

I hope they improve the aesthetics, they probably are prototypes and they really look like it.

Managed to get half hour on the Legacy 800 again on Saturday (courtesy of a reviewer friend) and it certainly seems the biz! Loved the sound flat (which I almost never do!) and a little drive on..... once I added/took away EQ it came alive with so much EQ power I felt irresponsible turning the knobs! lol!

I can certainly see one of these in my purchasing future..... VERY soon!

Since getting my Helix Stomp my fav amp sim has been the GK800. Ive never played the real thing, but ironically  I’m playing my Stomp through the power stage of my GK MB800. Very, very interested to see, or hear, how different the new heads sound to my MB800.

I was going to potentially look at maybe getting a Darkglass head, but GK seems to be intertwined in my live sound already, so........

Edited by dave_bass5
  • Like 1

I had ordered a GK Legacy 800 with Anderton's, and was expecting to receive it on / around Oct. 10th, but then received an email from Anderton's that the delivery has been moved to Autumn 2020(!).  

Anyone know what happened?  Is there a design flaw in the circuit that needs to be fixed?  This seems like an unusually long delay for a supply issue.

I wrote to Polar directly (distributor for GK in the UK) to ask about the delay, and they replied:

"We’re due to be shipped all of our Legacy stock at the end of this month, which means they should be with the shops by early Nov.  Keep your eye on that availability, it should update shortly." 

So perhaps another month or so on the Legacy heads here in the UK.

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, tvickey said:

Andertons has these in stock now... mine arrived on Monday (Legacy 800).  I'm headed to the rehearsal space this evening to throttle it up... I have two GK 410 RBH cabinets that I can plug into it.

Enjoy! Got mine a few weeks ago and LOVING it!