Why become a member? ×

Yamaha TRB-JP2 Mint Condition Price drop - £2600
£2800
Hull, East Yorkshire

willellisbass

Selling a beautiful Yamaha TRB-JP 2 6 String bass guitar in translucent dark red colour, the John Patitucci signature model. Amazing instrument, plays like a dream and sounds incredible through any amp. 
Bought brand new in March 2019 and has only seen light bedroom usage.

Pickup only from Hull, East Yorkshire.

Made In: Japan 
Type: Bolt On 
Body: Figured Maple/Ash/Alder/Maple 
Finish: Translucent Red 
Neck: Maple 
Fretboard: Ebony 
Nº of Frets : 26 
Scale: 35"

Preamp: Yamaha 3 band EQ 
Type: Active 
Pickups: Yamaha Custom Side-by-Side Type Double coil / Alnico V 
Extras: Hardcase include

trbjp2.thumb.jpg.1193822acddc70edc86d391010ad46a3.jpg20190512_154410.jpg

20190512_154417.jpg

20190512_154423.jpg

20190512_154443.jpg

20190512_154449.jpg

20190512_154501.jpg

20190512_154613.jpg

20190512_154326.jpg

Edited by willellisbass
Price Drop
  • Like 5

Used to own one of these in the Amber color for almost 6 years - one of the best 6 string basses I've played and heard. Really not much to envy to super high end handmade instruments, to be fair. Had to let go of mine for financial reasons only as well - and I always wish I didn't have to!

Edited by akabane

4 hours ago, akabane said:

Used to own one of these in the Amber color for almost 6 years - one of the best 6 string basses I've played and heard. Really not much to envy to super high end handmade instruments, to be fair. Had to let go of mine for financial reasons only as well - and I always wish I didn't have to!

The translucent red is really something to look at in person, fantastic wood choice. The Japanese craftsmanship on these is unbelievable, flawless fret work.

• Like 1

I spent two years looking for the best bass in the world and I ended up with a JP2.

There are simply fantastic, the best tone, best playability, rock solid, deep luscious ebony board, great electronics, well balanced, quite light considering, exquisitely made, etc etc.

Grab this now as the new list price keeps creeping up ... (risen twice in the last 12 months)

GLWS!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, edwn said:

I spent two years looking for the best bass in the world and I ended up with a JP2.

There are simply fantastic, the best tone, best playability, rock solid, deep luscious ebony board, great electronics, well balanced, quite light considering, exquisitely made, etc etc.

Grab this now as the new list price keeps creeping up ... (risen twice in the last 12 months)

GLWS!

It's really hard to let go, it's such a responsive instrument all over the fretboard and the B string is an absolute killer.

I did see the RRP has crept up to £4100 now! A lot of money but considering the craftsmanship - tight neck pocket, little adjustment made since purchase, you can see why these instruments are so coveted.

As it stands my house sale is going through without selling this bass or not so I might keep it after all ;)

Thanks!

• 3 months later...