Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn - Fender MIM 2008 Fretless Jazz Bass
£550
Chorley

nickcarey

Withdrawn

This bass has aged really nicely and plays really well. I have owned it since new.

The bass has aged nicely especially on the maple finish. All the parts are stock, apart from the upgraded Hipshot Tuners designed for MIM Fender basses plus the cream scratchplate to match the fretlines. The stock white scratchplate is also included.

There are £200 worth of extras including: the ABS Case, Hipshot Tuners, Cream Pickguard & Luthier work.  

The bass is in fantastic condition for its age with only one small ding on the body near the neck pocket (see pic).

The stock pickups produce plenty of growl and cut through the mix. The alder body makes this bass sing beautifully. The fitted Elites flatwound strings sound great and due to them being smooth they make playing this bass easy on the fingers. The fitted strings also help to stay in tune.

Initially when I bought the bass I had a luthier level and smooth the fingerboard so a lower action could be achieved. This made the play like a much more expensive bass and it still feels as good to play today. The truss can be moved freely both ways.

The original Allen keys are included plus the keys for the case are also included.

According to my scales the bass weighs in at around 4.2 Kgs (9.25 lbs)

The nut width is 38mm

I’m based in Lancashire. Any questions about the bass are welcome. Plus, I’m more than happy to arrange times for folks to try the bass out.

Message me about postage. Collection preferred or I can meet folks halfway depending on distance etc.

Edited by nickcarey
Text Edit
  • Like 4

I bought the fretted 'sister' to this from Nick, also with the luthier work. I'm not in the market for a fretless but if, as I suspect this bass is as sorted as the one I've got it'll be a bit special.

Peter

Edited by GreeneKing
  • Like 1