Why become a member? ×

Shakespeare's Sister on Graham Norton?

Marcella would put a US National Anthem singer to shame, there. That was textbook over-singing, delivered with as much emotion as ordering takeaway on a Friday evening.

Other than that... not too bad, I suppose.

Edited by Doctor J
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Skinnyman said:

But funny though.....

Go on, you got to admit, it was funny.

Made me chuckle anyway.

Tsk, that Teebs, he's a wag inee?

I always get a good chuckle out of Skank and Teebs.

Wonder where Discreet is these days? Seems to have scarpered. 🤔

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Hobbayne said:

Wonder where Discreet is these days? Seems to have scarpered.

I PM'd @discreet about this a few weeks back. Seems he's knee deep in a new, all-consuming musical project.

Well, that's what he said. It's probably because he just hates us all with a savage passion.

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

Well I've just watched it and I don't see what all the fuss is about. It didn't sound too bad to me at all. Considering even the recorded version was a screechy, whiney vocal in the first place, I think it was a reasonable reproduction for a live performance. 

Maybe it's been through auto tune since the original airing!? 

• Haha 1

On 14/05/2019 at 06:38, TrevorR said:

That was about the one thing I did know about Shakespeare’s Sister. 

Never liked the band back in the day but I used to really fancy their bass player, Claire Kenny! Good bass player too. Played for quite a few pop acts back in the 80s and played a lovely Aria SB just like mine. Wonder if she’s still playing?

She still tours with Sinéad O’Connor... 

On 15/05/2019 at 08:01, Newfoundfreedom said:

Well I've just watched it and I don't see what all the fuss is about. It didn't sound too bad to me at all. Considering even the recorded version was a screechy, whiney vocal in the first place, I think it was a reasonable reproduction for a live performance. 

I agree. How many of us heard them doing it live first time around? I doubt it differs too greatly.

• Like 1

Howler Monkeys Are Suing Shakespear's Sister And You Won't Believe Why

1318037071_shakessister.jpg.490a1ae9d889e84a1b38bdecff1f4739.jpg2096741082_howlermonkey.jpg.406d79417fd2bfdf1585d9329c73c79f.jpg

AP Reporter: 05/17/2019 Updated 01:15 CAT - Guatemala

Shakespear's Sister are in hot water.

After the re-booted pop stars faced a tsunami of backlash for their 'buttock-clenching TV performance' the tuneless duo have now come under fire from a troop of Guatemalan Howler Monkeys.

Lawyers for the monkeys today called a press conference in Guatemala City, accusing Shakespear's Sister of cultural appropriation. Said chief lawyer Inigo Montoya:

"Our blameless simian clients are shocked, hurt and appalled at the way Shakespear's Sister have offensively appropriated traditional Howler Monkey howling noises. If it wasn't privilege-driven cultural theft it was mocking monkey-ist bigotry. They can't have it both ways but we can."

The Guatemalan lawyer added: "My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die".

Ends.

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, skankdelvar said:

Howler Monkeys Are Suing Shakespear's Sister And You Won't Believe Why

1318037071_shakessister.jpg.490a1ae9d889e84a1b38bdecff1f4739.jpg2096741082_howlermonkey.jpg.406d79417fd2bfdf1585d9329c73c79f.jpg

AP Reporter: 05/17/2019 Updated 01:15 CAT - Guatemala

Shakespear's Sister are in hot water.

After the re-booted pop stars faced a tsunami of backlash for their 'buttock-clenching TV performance' the tuneless duo have now come under fire from a troop of Guatemalan Howler Monkeys.

Lawyers for the monkeys today called a press conference in Guatemala City, accusing Shakespear's Sister of cultural appropriation. Said chief lawyer Inigo Montoya:

"Our blameless simian clients are shocked, hurt and appalled at the way Shakespear's Sister have offensively appropriated traditional Howler Monkey howling noises. If it wasn't privilege-driven cultural theft it was mocking monkey-ist bigotry. They can't have it both ways but we can."

The Guatemalan lawyer added: "My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die".

Ends.

Unkind, skank, unkind........

But very funny xD