Why become a member? ×

New bass guitar show 2020 (and 2022)

EBS_freak

1 minute ago, EBS_freak said:

Oh crumbs. Looks as bad as my neck of the woods.

All I can say is, thank the heavens it's Little.

Mum and dad lived on Cleggs Lane when they first got married. That’s a road name never far from the news headlines 

8 minutes ago, cattytown said:

Almost on my doorstep - I'll probably be passing through tomorrow.

Me too got to hand over some ID and my DBS etc.

Then to my Chiropractor in Walkden.

edit - I’ve just read that as “then to my Christopher Walken”

”your car...it’s alive...CHASE ME..”

Edited by AndyTravis
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 9 months later...

23 hours ago, visog said:

So presumably with plan B restrictions lifting we're game-on for the Liverpool show. Presume original tickets still being honoured? 

I'm not their fanboi, though I do seem to have posted positively in the past.  But from a quick read yesterday, that's exactly what they're saying.  Though I'm not sure my original choice of the Saturday is necessarily the best, given the proclaimed attendees for the various events have all changed since... what is it?... two years ago.

Interesting to see that this is now The UK Bass & Guitar Show and not a dedicated bass only event - disappointing but surprising as the exhibitor list looked rather poor the other day.

It’s a real shame as I feel that we don’t want to hear or see much about what our 6 string friends are in to!

Just wish more of the main manufacturers would support our event.

11 minutes ago, Gunsfreddy2003 said:

Interesting to see that this is now The UK Bass & Guitar Show and not a dedicated bass only event - disappointing but surprising as the exhibitor list looked rather poor the other day.

That's a bit of a cheeky one... It was Bass only last time I looked. Looks like they've snuck in the change at the last minute. Guess they were struggling to get people to exhibit. Jon Gomm would be bloody great to see though. We'll be in the drum show next door anyway, but we're up there for the weekend and I had an email saying that wristbands would be accepted at both shows, so figured we'd drop in and take a look... Might not bother now.

35 minutes ago, Gunsfreddy2003 said:

It’s a real shame as I feel that we don’t want to hear or see much about what our 6 string friends are in to!

Just wish more of the main manufacturers would support our event.

Wait what?  I thought this show came into existence because the regular bass show became a bass AND guitar show??

6 hours ago, Kev said:

Wait what?  I thought this show came into existence because the regular bass show became a bass AND guitar show??

Yes, exactly that.

I have no problem with a change of direction but make a public announcement and own that decision. It’s a long trip for me from Cheltenham to Liverpool and I’d feel pretty miffed to find any guitar related stuff there.

If you google it, the search result is still UK Bass Guitar Show, and the old web address is autoforwarded to the UK Bass And Guitar Show.

Eventbrite still quote this against the event: The UK Bass Guitar Show is a two day event dedicated to bass players, including all the latest bass gear and artist performances.

What a ridiculous decision, I'll probably save my petrol on that one then!

Looks like the change is in the process of happening - some stuff is bass guitar, some is bass and guitar. Twitter is an ambiguous handle of @Bass_GuitarShow, but the logo is still a fender style bass headstock. 
Twitter description: "The UK Bass Guitar Show is a 2 day event, dedicated to all things low-end. The show features the latest bass gear, along with a variety of respected artists."

I will probably still go, but not looking forwards to it as much 😞

Edited by cattytown

They appear to be claiming it is now three shows in the one venue; Bass Guitar Show, Acoustic Guitar Show and Electric Guitar Show.

So yeah, dedicated bass show has become a 33% bass show.  Wonderful stuff.

9 minutes ago, Kev said:

They appear to be claiming it is now three shows in the one venue; Bass Guitar Show, Acoustic Guitar Show and Electric Guitar Show.

So yeah, dedicated bass show has become a 33% bass show.  Wonderful stuff.

That seems to be the fate of all these music shows, doesn't it? At least you guys oop north still have a Bass/Guitar show to attend if you so wish. The one in London appears to have fallen off the radar completely, after the fiasco of 2019 where it had to co-exist and mix in the very same area with all things guitar, which were more numerous, more vociferous (read: v. noisy!) and far better attended. It seems that, if you want a show to survive, you have to involve 6-string guitars and their players in some way or other.

Just now, Silvia Bluejay said:

That seems to be the fate of all these music shows, doesn't it? At least you guys oop north still have a Bass/Guitar show to attend if you so wish. The one in London appears to have fallen off the radar completely, after the fiasco of 2019 where it had to co-exist and mix in the very same area with all things guitar, which were more numerous, more vociferous (read: v. noisy!) and far better attended. It seems that, if you want a show to survive, you have to involve 6-string guitars and their players in some way or other.

I think its just a tough pill to swallow when this show primarily marketed the fact that, unlike the LBGS, this one was just going to be all about bass.

• Like 1

I suspect this is about keeping some sort of events around. What you've got to remember, there are still going to be a lot of people that won't entertain going around densely populated areas, so better that the event goes ahead in some sort of fashion, than not at all.

I would wager there's many exhibitors that won't be exhibiting due to the uncertainty of the numbers and this may be one approach to trying to solve that problem.

Rock and hard place.

Better that there's some show of some type than none whatsoever. I think we are at just the beginning of the recovery of shows. C19 has battered lots of people and this is just a continuation of that.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I will be going at the weekend - it's an hour's drive, or a PITA train journey via Crewe. 

Large venue event hire costs etc will be horrendous... I suspect they're worried about gettign enough support to be viable with it likely that many people will be reluctant to attend busy places. I went to a non-bass event a couple of weeks ago, which was crowded and it has to be said, I felt very uncomfortable about it. I'm goign away for a few days soon and the last thing I want is you-know-what...

Unfortunately, I think these issues will impact on all sorts of events for a while yet.  

Still not going, on principle more than anything else.  Really interested to hear feedback of whether or not it does end up being just another guitar show with a slither of bass, or whether it is mostly bassists that are there.  I feel I know the answer, but to those who are going I hope I'm wrong.

2 hours ago, Kev said:

Still not going, on principle more than anything else.  Really interested to hear feedback of whether or not it does end up being just another guitar show with a slither of bass, or whether it is mostly bassists that are there.  I feel I know the answer, but to those who are going I hope I'm wrong.

I'll be there tomorrow setting up with BassDirect - so should be able to give a sitrep of the other stands in place. The live stage very much looks bass focussed though.

Edited by Machines
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Machines said:

I'll be there tomorrow setting up with BassDirect - so should be able to give a sitrep of the other stands in place. The live stage very much looks bass focussed though.

That's mostly because it seemed to have all been booked in before they changed their minds.  Glanced at their IG earlier, seems about 1 in 9 posts are bass related, rest guitar...

1 minute ago, Kev said:

That's mostly because it seemed to have all been booked in before they changed their minds.  Glanced at their IG earlier, seems about 1 in 9 posts are bass related, rest guitar...

Check this out too: https://theukbassandguitarshow.com/exhibitors/. Not that many 'bass only' stands, but a few that could be hybrids (e.g. Musicman / Ibanez). No map of the hall yet which would be the best indicator.

As long as it's headphones only (or at least quiet periods) it should be bearable, but i'm taking my ER-20s regardless.

• Haha 1

• wateroftyne changed the title to New bass guitar show 2020 (and 2022)