Why become a member? ×

New bass guitar show 2020 (and 2022)

EBS_freak

21 hours ago, cattytown said:

Website now says postponed until further notice 😞

i can afford to lose the ticket price so I'll not be looking fr a refund as i may just help have a better chance of it surviving

I've done the same. I messaged Neil via Eventbrite and he came back pretty quickly offering to refund or carry the ticket over. Decided to leave it with him as he is pretty determined that this will happen at some point. He's contacted the exhibitors and they are all on board.

It's unlikely to be early 2021 though as the venue, Manchester Central, is currently a Nightingale Hospital and it's likely to remain like that for the winter in case it's needed.

Neil seems very approachable so if you have any questions just contact him.

Edited by BassBunny

• 6 months later...

A message from Neil (the organiser) today: "We do have news to share with the return of the bass show. We are just finalising details before we make the announcement. This will go out before the end of this month.  As soon as we can, you will know. Just stay tuned to our social media for updates.. best wishes, Neil"

So we should know within the next fortnight or so.

Fingers very tightly crossed...!🤞

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Did anyone else see the FB announcement that the L in LBGS is now for Liverpool in 2022? I cannot find the article anymore but believe it will be in the “ACC” (whatever that is) on 23/24 Apr 22. It will share the premises with the Drum show.

I may have made this up as a result of too much chocolate egg, but I am sure I was not hallucinating.

19 minutes ago, Bobthedog said:

Did anyone else see the FB announcement that the L in LBGS is now for Liverpool in 2022? I cannot find the article anymore but believe it will be in the “ACC” (whatever that is) on 23/24 Apr 22. It will share the premises with the Drum show.

I may have made this up as a result of too much chocolate egg, but I am sure I was not hallucinating.

Won't be driving to that one then! :ph34r:

😜

20 minutes ago, Bobthedog said:

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-uk-bass-guitar-show-2022-tickets-61888851220

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

Yeah, seems like an err... interesting location choice. Cant see it dragging many up from the south. 

I will wait, as usual, to see who is going to be there. It is only worth the distance for me for a two day event and happy to book a hotel, but only if there is enough going on for me on both days. 5-6hrs by train for one day is not my thing. Perhaps it will get better attendance from our more northern based players to balance the potential no shows from the south.

Edited by Bobthedog

From what I understand, the UK Bass Guitar Show has nothing to do with the former LBGS, now UK Guitar Show. But if the latter really has relinquished any pretence to be catering to bass as well as six-string guitar, I'm happy that an alternative is being offered. I won't be attending, though.

Edited by Silvia Bluejay
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Kev said:

Wasn't it in Manchester before it was cancelled?? Hardly much of a location change to the extent that people won't drive to it now?

No, but then again it never did drag that many from up south. I guess the main difference is that there is a slight chance you have the alloys left on your vehicle in the previous location...

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Here you go:

***UPDATE - Return of – (April 2-3 2022) Liverpool ACC - UPDATE***
First and foremost, we hope that this post finds you and your friends and family well. It has been a challenging year for all, along with the music industry, and we truly cannot wait to see you all again!
The UK Bass Guitar Show are pleased to announce that the return of our postponed event, will now take place, at the later date of the 2-3rd of April 2022 at a larger venue, the ACC Liverpool.
We have taken this decision, along with the return The UK Drum Show, putting health & safety, along with practical measures for its return as the priority.
At present, whilst we have seen announcements for outdoor events beginning in the next few months, the planned restrictions are not due to lift until the end of June here in the UK, as long as there are no unforeseeable delays.
Of course, the richness and variety of the show is based on a wide selection of companies exhibiting their latest innovations from various countries, and of course, the UK is ahead with regards to its vaccination programme, as other countries catch up with distribution and vaccination.
The return of the show is not just a change of date, but a change of venue, along with The UK Drum Show moving to a neighbouring hall in Liverpool too. Over the past few years in Manchester, regular visitors to our drum show will have experienced the show grow year on year, so we are thrilled to say that the new exhibition halls are now twice the size, not only to accommodate further displays, but also to facilitate and provide more space to freely move around both events. As each year the shows grow in its new home in Liverpool, and if distancing need apply in 2022, something we all hope will be a distant memory, the new venue is significantly larger.
Whilst The UK Bass Guitar Show moves to the ACC Liverpool, the weekend of the 2nd & 3rd of April 2022, so will our dedicated drum show, which was due to run September 2021. The response from our drum exhibitors and guests is one of excitement with guests and bass band members making a day or a weekend of the show together. Located in a neighbouring hall, our drum show & bass show guests will be able to freely visit either show in Liverpool at no further cost if in receipt of a drum show or bass show admission ticket. After all, this is the rhythm section, so for us, the return made good sense to reunite our drum and bass buddies for what will be a great weekend and positive return.
The ACC Liverpool is located approximately 45 minutes from Manchester, with good train and road connections, and Manchester International airport is just 40 minutes away.
All of our guests that have purchased tickets for either delayed events will be honoured, and for those that purchased artist tickets, we are writing to all our confirmed artists due to appear on the main stage last year, to learn if they are able to return. Any changes on either artist line-up will of course be communicated and guests can exchange tickets for other artists should that arise.
On behalf of the Golding Family, we thank you for your continued support and understanding, and look forward to seeing you all in Liverpool in April 2022. Websites, socials and ticketing for our events will be updated following this announcement and if you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at [email protected]
We look forward to seeing you soon and the return of live music – we all miss it so much! Take care, stay safe and see you soon. Neil Golding – Organiser.

On 06/04/2021 at 16:59, EBS_freak said:

Before anybody says anything.... it's a joke... it's a joke....

No, it's just the usual lazy stereotyping. 🙄

You'd have been much more likely to be a victim of car crime in Manchester than....oh, anywhere else in England.

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/crime/top-10s/10-worst-cities-in-the-uk-for-car-crime/?image=7

2 minutes ago, mangotango said:

No, it's just the usual lazy stereotyping. 🙄

You'd have been much more likely to be a victim of car crime in Manchester than....oh, anywhere else in England.

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/crime/top-10s/10-worst-cities-in-the-uk-for-car-crime/?image=7

No scouser robs on their own doorstep it would seem. They all hop over to Manchester.

Edited by EBS_freak
  • Haha 2

Just now, EBS_freak said:

No scouser robs on their own doorstep it would seem. They all hop over to Manchester.

If you'd made that comment about someone from a different ethnic background, rather than a different regional background, it would rightly be regarded as racist.  It's no better for that.

4 minutes ago, mangotango said:

If you'd made that comment about someone from a different ethnic background, rather than a different regional background, it would rightly be regarded as racist.  It's no better for that.

Listen, I'm from Wolverhampton. I know my place in society.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, mangotango said:

You mean if he'd made a racist comment it would have been a racist comment. Too true. You seem to have missed the 'joke' bit. 😄

Just now, stevie said:

When I lived in the north west, Salford was the place to avoid like the plague. Unless things have changed since the arrival of the BBC, that area probably accounts for the city's number one position.

Nowt wrong with Salford (tongue firmly in cheek) I should know...born raised and continue to live in Salford...

I’m about to start working with young people in Little Hulton.

look it up...a real place...REALLY REAL.

Looking forward to it, done Rochdale, Wigan and now I’m into the thick of it closer to home.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AndyTravis said:

I’m about to start working with young people in Little Hulton.

look it up...a real place...REALLY REAL.

Oh crumbs. Looks as bad as my neck of the woods.

All I can say is, thank the heavens it's Little.

• wateroftyne changed the title to New bass guitar show 2020 (and 2022)