Why become a member? ×

New bass guitar show 2020 (and 2022)

EBS_freak

They have been remarkably quiet on it over the past week.  Given the number of overseas exhibitors and performers who are literally unable to get here by law, it surely cannot go ahead?  And that's without the gathering ban rumoured to be in place by 28th March...

Communication is key so hopefully they will speak soon.

40 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Common sense suggests they won't make an announcement until they are forced to close by a ban on gatherings, so they aren't liable to pay for the venue hire.

Hmm. And if they're not forced to close?

• Like 1

I'd imagine the organisers are tirelessly contacting all of the performers/clinicians and doing all the tedious back office stuff, and we will get an update once they've done all they can. Hopefully they are already on track to do the right thing by anticipating the inevitable official announcement and refunds (if it comes to that) should be a fairly simple part of the organisational chaos.

Good luck @Bass Guitar Review !

• Like 2

Thought I'd post the full post so people can see the details of the ticket extension...

Ladies & Gentleman, it is with great regret that we have to announce that The UK Bass Guitar Show will be postponed to a later date. 
With the ongoing and present concerns of COVID-19, we have to put our guests, exhibitors, artists and team's health and safety first following further announcements this evening.
New dates for The UK Bass Guitar Show are presently being discussed and will be announced shortly.

We are pleased to announce we have had unanimous support from our exhibitors with the move to alternative dates, along with several of our artists reaching out with support for when the situation passes, with the desire to return and share their love for all things bass with you.

For those that have purchased tickets, of course we are very happy to extend these to the new dates when announced, hoping that you will join us once again.

We have been overwhelmed with support from our confirmed exhibitors, artists and some of our guests that have shared kind words of support and encouragement whilst we have been navigating these unprecedented times.

Should any of our guests have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at [email protected]
www.theukbassguitarshow.com

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just for anyone wondering, i imagine they have not mentioned refunds as through the Eventbrite refund claim option, it says "Organiser Refund Policy: No Refunds"

I think I'll be OK with moving to a newer date, but hopefully those who are not will be able to access some sort of 'good will' refund

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BassBunny said:

Got an email reminder from Eventbrite this morning for the show. 🙃 Maybe someone should tell them it's cancelled.

Yeah, there's a lot of unmanned services out there... and the automailers are still happening. I got a great one a few days ago letting me know about last minute get away holidays.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
20 hours ago, visog said:

So where did we land on this? Happy if we postpone until next year but I don't remember seeing any official confirmation of this... or my £20 ticket!?

I’ve already had mine refunded 🙂

6 minutes ago, BassBunny said:

Did you have to request the refund?

Yeah. They were talking about it being in September and I either won’t be able to attended due to some commitments or it’ll be cancelled and I just didn’t want to get caught in the continuous push-back of dates.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 27/06/2020 at 18:43, skej21 said:

Yeah. They were talking about it being in September and I either won’t be able to attended due to some commitments or it’ll be cancelled and I just didn’t want to get caught in the continuous push-back of dates.

Who did you write to for the refund? In July I replied to an email from Neil Golding at Gold Media Events requesting some information about refunds as I may have a gig on the date of the rescheduled date in September and have heard nothing back. I doubt either my gig or the bass Show will happen. 

4 hours ago, Apeneck Sweeney said:

Who did you write to for the refund? In July I replied to an email from Neil Golding at Gold Media Events requesting some information about refunds as I may have a gig on the date of the rescheduled date in September and have heard nothing back. I doubt either my gig or the bass Show will happen. 

It was Neil Golding who emailed me about the refund. I can show you the emails via PM if you need them or they’d be helpful, just drop me a message 🙂

2 hours ago, skej21 said:

It was Neil Golding who emailed me about the refund. I can show you the emails via PM if you need them or they’d be helpful, just drop me a message 🙂

Many thanks. I’ll try him again first. It sounds like he’s trying to deal with it. My email may have just slipped between the cracks or fell foul of a spam filter. If I have no luck I’ll take you up on your kind offer.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • wateroftyne changed the title to New bass guitar show 2020 (and 2022)