Why become a member? ×

New bass guitar show 2020 (and 2022)

EBS_freak

Quick word from the organisers of The UK Bass Guitar Show..

The UK Bass Guitar Show is very much going ahead. In fact we have folks buying tickets as recent as twenty minutes ago. We have spoken to the venue, Manchester Central, and like us are 100% committed to the show. The venue had the following to say:

• The safety and security of visitors to our venue is our upmost priority

• Manchester Central remains fully open for business, with all events going ahead as planned

• While the UK risk level of Coronavirus is moderate, the risk to individuals remains low

• We have installed signage in all toilets and digital screens across the venue advising staff and visitors on the importance of maintaining good hand and personal hygiene 

• Sanitising stations with dispensers are being made available around the venue to supplement the hand cleaning products in all toilet facilities

• Our onsite first aid team have been fully briefed and have plans in place to deal with anyone reporting symptoms and believes they may have been in contact with the virus

Wash your hands folks seems the most practical and sound advice.. And we look forward to seeing you all at the end of March.

Best wishes, TUKBGS 2020

• Like 1

“We have installed signage in all toilets and digital screens across the venue advising staff and visitors on the importance of maintaining good hand and personal hygiene“

What a sad state of affairs when people are too inept to even step up when it comes to their own hygiene.

Mind you, I am still witnessing people doing a splash and dash, spitting in the streets and a dump and run. Dirty, dirty people.

My other half is immunosuppressed - and what really angers me is that her health very much depends upon the basic rules of hygiene being followed by others... and people are too selfish to do that.

All this stockpiling of goods - don’t people that everybody has to protect themselves to protect others...?

Anyway, this is a rant for another thread.

Maybe see you at the show, maybe not. If we are following the example of Italy, in a couple of weeks we will all be on lockdown anyway.

I see the Photography Show in Birmingham this coming weekend has just been postponed. I do hope the post above stays true.  As a man of a certain age, however,  with both heart and lung issues, and borderline diabetic, I will make my own decision re going  closer to the day. 
I am going to take my PJ BigHead / ‘phones and a lead with me to avoid touching too many amps and bits, just not sure what to do about all those fondled guitars. I am sure someone will tell me I am being daft, but it is my call. 

7 hours ago, Bobthedog said:

I see the Photography Show in Birmingham this coming weekend has just been postponed. I do hope the post above stays true.  As a man of a certain age, however,  with both heart and lung issues, and borderline diabetic, I will make my own decision re going  closer to the day. 
I am going to take my PJ BigHead / ‘phones and a lead with me to avoid touching too many amps and bits, just not sure what to do about all those fondled guitars. I am sure someone will tell me I am being daft, but it is my call. 

That is a thought - I'd expect exhibitors not to be using headphones...

9 hours ago, Bobthedog said:

wetwipes and hand gel!

On 10/03/2020 at 11:36, jacko said:

I'd be surprised if billy sheehan turns up anyway. He's already cancelled all his european gigs.

I see Richard Bona has abandoned his European tour due to the US - EU travel ban coming in tomorrow. I know UK is excluded from the ban but assume he, like Billy Sheehan, had the show as part of their European tours.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, BassBunny said:

I see Richard Bona has abandoned his European tour due to the US - EU travel ban coming in tomorrow. I know UK is excluded from the ban but assume he, like Billy Sheehan, had the show as part of their European tours.

Can't see Lee Sklar coming over either, as the US won't let him back in!

Let's hope the show are following guidelines closely and make an informed decision either way :)

Edited by skej21

1 minute ago, skej21 said:

Can't see Lee Sklar coming over either, as the US won't let him back in!

At the moment UK and NI to US is no problem but I assume these players were already over in Europe, (certainly BS and RB were), so factoring in a return airfare for a 1hr. clinic might be a stretch.

Hope I am wrong but it was Richard Bona and Billy Sheehan I really wanted to see.

39 minutes ago, BassBunny said:

At the moment UK and NI to US is no problem but I assume these players were already over in Europe, (certainly BS and RB were), so factoring in a return airfare for a 1hr. clinic might be a stretch.

Hope I am wrong but it was Richard Bona and Billy Sheehan I really wanted to see.

True, but with Trump's knee-jerk nature, I can't see anyone taking the risk!

46 minutes ago, skej21 said:

True, but with Trump's knee-jerk nature, I can't see anyone taking the risk!

Exactly.  I'm supposed to be seeing Chick Corea (with Christian Mc Bride on bass) at the Barbican on Monday - but given that their first concert in that tour is in Luxemburg on Saturday, and also that there are 9 or 10 dates after that in Continental Europe...I'm not holding out much hope that it's going to happen.

On 10/03/2020 at 09:25, Muzz said:

In the spirit of the Covid-19 thread elsewhere, I can't see people being brave enough to go somewhere that most of the point is to handle something that lots of other people will have handled...

This is what crossed my mind this morning. 

On 07/03/2020 at 20:11, visog said:

It will probably get called off given the infection rate so do we have a clear policy from the organisers?

I repeat my earlier point. Organisers - what's the cancellation/postponement policy as it's clearly not going ahead?

• Like 1

• wateroftyne changed the title to New bass guitar show 2020 (and 2022)