Why become a member? ×

New bass guitar show 2020 (and 2022)

EBS_freak

On 25/12/2019 at 21:14, J_Bass said:

Hi guys, I was looking at the games that weekend, no premier league on 28/29th March? 

I'm thinking about taking a weekend for myself, what better escape than basses and football? 

A game on Friday would also be nice, premier league or championship. Can anyone help on this matter? Thanks! 

Do they have any football teams in Manchester?

• Haha 1

I've booked a Saturday ticket, Leland Sklar and more importantly blagged a cheap B&B (my oldest mate's spare room who lives nearby!), so if anyone wants to meet up etc, count me in (instagram @mattpotterbass, just drop me a message) :)!

Edited by skej21

A note/plea to the exhibitors: don't forget to take some spare parts to sell, for example:

• Warwick: I need a Just-a-nut 5-string; UK shops don't want to know and buying one direct (from Germany) includes silly money postage fees.
  • CIOKS: I'm missing a screw, want some Flex cables.
  • Rotosound: Don't forget to take some bass strings to sell! No kidding: I've been to one show where the bass strings were forgotten and another where there was only one gauge.
  • If there's a Rickenbacker dealer, one of the new bass bridges would be interesting.

I also like rummaging through junk and spare parts...

• Like 2

I've booked a weekend ticket. Not sure if I'll actually do both days though.

While some may say is £20 to go to a market, it would cost me more than £20 in fuel to go see Bass Direct.

Would also be cool to say hi to a few basschatters if I get the chance.

Paul.

• Like 2

I've got myself a weekend ticket, going to try and drag a bunch of bass playing mates along. Will probably imbibe a completely reasonable amount of beverages on the Saturday evening too. I'm sure I can try out basses with a hangover.

• Like 1

So £20 for the weekend or £18 for a single nominated day? Seems daft not to take the basschat deal if there's even a chance your plans might change, or if you live close enough to go both days.

I'll be travelling down from Dundee so I might as well give myself the chance of going twice - just in case my wife decides to go shopping one day.

Time to start researching small music venues for the weekend.

• Like 1

On ‎25‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 17:25, mangotango said:

Making arrangements to stay with my daughter in Liverpool so that I can drive over to Manchester for this.

All sorted and I have my ticket for a Saturday in Sunny Mancunia. 

So,  @ped - will there be a Basschat stand where we can congregate?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oomworthy said:

So £20 for the weekend or £18 for a single nominated day? Seems daft not to take the basschat deal if there's even a chance your plans might change, or if you live close enough to go both days.

I'll be travelling down from Dundee so I might as well give myself the chance of going twice - just in case my wife decides to go shopping one day.

Matt And Phreds, Band On The Wall - Theres a great night on Sunday evenings at BOTW, depending if you’re staying that night too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ped said:

No Basschat stand I’m afraid but I’ll be there! I’ll see if we can arrange a list of meet times when I know the schedule

Ped, I can lend you a big colourful brolly and a clipboard so people can follow you round if you’d like...?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, EBS_freak said:

Ped, I can lend you a big colourful brolly and a clipboard so people can follow you round if you’d like...?

Thanks but people have been following me since the year dot, you should read my book!

• Haha 1

On 10/01/2020 at 18:16, ped said:

No Basschat stand I’m afraid but I’ll be there! I’ll see if we can arrange a list of meet times when I know the schedule

Would be nice to meet the man behind the legend

On 10/01/2020 at 15:20, Oomworthy said:

The Star & Garter is a great venue, just down the road from Manchester Piccadilly train station. They have some great gigs there, def worth checking out.

• Like 1

• wateroftyne changed the title to New bass guitar show 2020 (and 2022)