Why become a member? ×

New bass guitar show 2020 (and 2022)

EBS_freak

• 1 month later...
On 13/05/2019 at 22:31, Silvia Bluejay said:

Interesting. However, they clearly can't afford a copyeditor or a proofreader.

Kevin Sanders, formally reviewer of Bass Guitar Magazine 

HAHAHAHA!!!!!

Sorry. :P

Judging by this photograph, I reckon they've mistakenly written "formally" rather than "formal" :D

1833999781_140627-Solar-Band-045-bw1.thumb.jpg.61e03450f9c68cb147076f8ab96d3530.jpg

• Haha 3

Let's see how successful this years LBGS is before slating this new venture.

I'm not convinced that combining the Bass Show with the Guitar Show is a positive step TBH and it feels like the organisers have been dragging their feet putting this years show together.. Less than 10 weeks to go and still little information in the way of appearances and guests.

My ticket money is staying in my pocket till I see some significant progress.

• Like 1

I think there's room for more than 1 bass event and hope this works out. As the location is Manchester this may persuade more of us folk up't north to attend. I would love to go to the London show again but 1) no idea who's on with only weeks to go and 2) currently would cost about £600 to attend (Manchester would be half that!)

• Like 1

The original Bass Day UK, held in Manchester and organised by Stevie Williams, was always well attended. So much so that it started off in Night and Day, outgrew the venue and ended up at the RNCM. Always a fantastic day and a shame it disappeared.

I would imagine a Manchester event would be welcomed to fill the void left by Bass Day UK.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, BassBunny said:

The original Bass Day UK, held in Manchester and organised by Stevie Williams, was always well attended. So much so that it started off in Night and Day, outgrew the venue and ended up at the RNCM. Always a fantastic day and a shame it disappeared.

I would imagine a Manchester event would be welcomed to fill the void left by Bass Day UK.

It was Life Cafe, latterly Chicago Rock Cafe and now something else I can’t raise the energy to remember.

I attended up until the RNCM shows and then the last one was Marcus Miller at the Band On The Wall - I was due to be the meet and greet for MM that year but through some twist of nonsense I ended up not attending at all.

Stevie is a lovely bloke.

11 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

It was Life Cafe, latterly Chicago Rock Cafe and now something else I can’t raise the energy to remember.

I attended up until the RNCM shows and then the last one was Marcus Miller at the Band On The Wall - I was due to be the meet and greet for MM that year but through some twist of nonsense I ended up not attending at all.

Stevie is a lovely bloke.

Correct @AndyTravismy bad. Must be an age thing and Steve is indeed a lovely guy. Not seen him for a while, used to go and see his band at The Nursery Inn regularly when they used to play every month.

The last one at Band On The Wall was memorable for Jah Wobble plugging in to his rig and blowing it up in a matter of seconds.

Edited by BassBunny
  • Haha 1

I think it's great that there's a national event dedicated to bass and that it's outside London. Apparently, it's being run by the people behind the National Drum Show. Anyone got any experience of that? 

I'm going anyway, I think any effort to promote the low end deserves support. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, petecarlton said:

I think it's great that there's a national event dedicated to bass and that it's outside London. Apparently, it's being run by the people behind the National Drum Show. Anyone got any experience of that? 

I'm going anyway, I think any effort to promote the low end deserves support. 

A friend of mine has been to the National Drum Show and says it is a great day out. Another event that has outgrown it's original venue which i believe was the George H Carnell Sport Centre in Urmston. I was tempted to go to the first one as Robin Guy was there and he was absolutely awesome at one of the Bass Day UK shows at RNCM where he was backing TM Stevens. A real character.

• Like 2

I'm booked to do this show. It'll be very well attended.

Also they've got their review channel up and running "Bass Guitar Review" http://bassguitarreview.co.uk/ their first review is linked below.

They'll be doing one of my basses next week (Retrovibe Vantage Tony Butler Signature) *SHAMELESS PLUG*

It can only be a good thing this show. We tend to see the same faces year on year and the bass guitar show in London. So to get to another major bass only show in another part of the country is exciting.

Look forward to seeing you at both events!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, visog said:

Can't wait. The Manchester shows were great. Last one I attended I saw Billy Sheehan, Victor Bailey (RIP) and tried beautiful basses from Shuker (Dan Veil's 7-string monster) and Goodfellow. Well done all involved...

Ahhhh yes! I remember it well! I was a Rotosound endorser at the time, so I was either on the Shuker stand or the Rotosound one!

I had some pictures but not sure where they went! My highlight of the show was hanging out with Billy and of course an orderly queue formed to see him at the Rotosound stand. I'd happened to be stood talking to Jason (How) behind the desk and when we turned round a queue had formed to see me! It was a bizarre moment as I looked round to see who they'd come to see! I was even recognised ha ha! Though I felt a bit awkward owning up that I'm actually a nobody.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, BassBunny said:

Richard Bona has been announced for a clinic. I remember the one he did at Bass Day UK @ RNCM. Truly inspirational and received a standing ovation. 

The thing I liked best about all the Manchester Bass days was how informal they were *. Every single 'name' was more than happy to hang about and chat to me and the mates I'd come down from scotland with.  No huge egos to be seen anywhere.  One or two of them have become very close friends who keep in touch regularly. It would be nice to reinstate something along those lines.

* that, and Nigel Clutterbuck's incessant slapping of course :D

• Like 1

Hi Folks, Bass Guitar Review here, sister site for the new and forthcoming 'The UK Bass Guitar Show'. Great to see so much positivity with regards to us holding this event in Manchester. Many moons ago, we visited Bass Day UK. and really enjoyed this experience. Such a friendly city and creates such a casual vibe at our other show, with artists mingling with visitors. 

We have found hosting The UK Drum Show in Manchester to be a really positive experience and we look forward to having this great community vibe repeated for all low-end lovers. We are busy working behind the scenes on further bass acts and clinics for visitors to enjoy, and we have more exhibitors to announce shortly. We would like to thank any Bass Chat members that have already purchased our day our weekend tickets to our show in March. Early-Bird tickets are on sale until the end of December, but anyone that has further queries or questions, do feel free to reach out to us. www.theukbassguitarshow.com

• Like 4

• wateroftyne changed the title to New bass guitar show 2020 (and 2022)