Why become a member? ×

2021 midlands bass bash! 4th september Date Confirmed

jebroad

Hmmmm. The email address is right. 

I'm not familiar enough with Apple to be sure. Are you logging into the Apple Business store at this point in order to download the app? You just need to download from the normal Apple store it just like any other app, using your AppleID. When it's on the machine then you can log into the team I've set up.

I have an old iPad I can test on. But it's at church as the remote control for the mixing desk so I will have to class walking down to get it as my exercise tomorrow as it's hardly an essential journey. Low risk though given that the church will be empty.

I got caught up in similar stuff.  My conclusion is that it seems to:

- need you to have a Microsoft Account & password

- I think it also needs you to have a Skype account

Both of the above can be done for free if you don't already have them.

Then, at the end of it, you will also need Richard's invite link.

I can't be sure about this because, in true MS style, the questions it asks along the joining journey are ambiguous and confusing and take you to screens that don't seem to have any relevance to what you are doing.

But I think that's probably the issue, @Len_derby

The reason I think it's that is that I originally tried to kickoff using my ajrguitarmods hotmail address and that's what Richard originally sent on the Teams invite.  But on the Hotmail address, I have neither a MS Account or a Skype account. I then hit similar problems. 

But for my private email, I have both a Microsoft account and Skype and when I tried with that address it let me set up the MS Teams Account.  I then I could click a revised invite link from Richard (who had sent a new one linked to my private email) and that allowed me to log into the team room. 

Hope this helps

• Like 1

On 01/04/2020 at 20:35, Andyjr1515 said:

I got caught up in similar stuff.  My conclusion is that it seems to:

- need you to have a Microsoft Account & password

- I think it also needs you to have a Skype account

Both of the above can be done for free if you don't already have them.

Then, at the end of it, you will also need Richard's invite link.

I can't be sure about this because, in true MS style, the questions it asks along the joining journey are ambiguous and confusing and take you to screens that don't seem to have any relevance to what you are doing.

But I think that's probably the issue, @Len_derby

The reason I think it's that is that I originally tried to kickoff using my ajrguitarmods hotmail address and that's what Richard originally sent on the Teams invite.  But on the Hotmail address, I have neither a MS Account or a Skype account. I then hit similar problems. 

But for my private email, I have both a Microsoft account and Skype and when I tried with that address it let me set up the MS Teams Account.  I then I could click a revised invite link from Richard (who had sent a new one linked to my private email) and that allowed me to log into the team room. 

Hope this helps

Did any of this work, @Len_derby ?

On 01/04/2020 at 09:07, Richard R said:

So far we have:

@Bassman Sam@Andyjr1515, @Len_derby, and I hope still @jebroad & @ped

Added @Oldman and @nickmew 

Added another +1 who isn't (yet) on BC

Time confirmed at 8PM THIS FRIDAY (whatever date that is 😄 )  Start up and log into Teams with the email address a few minutes before and I'll kick off the call when most people are in.

Cheers,

Rich

Still on for this evening?

OK all. So if you open teams and join with the account we set up then you'll be in. 
I will then call everyone using Teams abut 8pm, but if you're not running the app you won't get the call.

So, to make a terrible analogy,  you have to walk in the door of the hall, and then I'll call us to order on VC. 🙂

@Oldman, I'm not sure what TeamViewer is, is it another name for the Teams App? If so then you should be able to see and post to the "General" chat now