Why become a member? ×

2021 midlands bass bash! 4th september Date Confirmed

jebroad

16 minutes ago, jebroad said:

Should we attempt to accommodate our thin gauge-six string counterparts? 

I think it was well attended with just basses last time without bags of room to spare. You can’t invite the others as they’ll cover the floor with pedals and complain they can’t be heard......

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, Jabba_the_gut said:

I think it was well attended with just basses last time without bags of room to spare. You can’t invite the others as they’ll cover the floor with pedals and complain they can’t be heard......

Yeah, there’ll be a big ol’ punch up for sure, probably over hairspray.

• Haha 4

44 minutes ago, Teebs said:

I'm Irish, you heathen

Oh.

A lot of things have suddenly become clear.

You might want to report me now to the folk on the Woke thread, save time later 😁

4 hours ago, Teebs said:

@Skinnyman - do you think you'll be able to make it this time?

Better give the charabanc a good check-over - esp. those dodgy tyres!

:D

I now have tyre insurance 😁 (and I’ve used it after I blew out the sidewall on a virtually new Goodyear).

Whether I can make it all the way from the coast is a different matter

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@petecarlton; In answer to your question:

GuitarChat either didn't exist prior to the last Bash or it was in its embryonic state.  I have to admit, I only went there once.  I have no idea whether it has attracted a sizeable membership by now.

I think it would be a mistake to advertise this as open to guitarists.  Not belittling the guitar thing as many of us play that also, more that we should preserve our niche.  Otherwise we risk getting over-ridden by well meaning attendees who probably have a lot more events oriented to them specifically than we as bass players have anyway.

Just my thought.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, SpondonBassed said:

@petecarlton; In answer to your question:

GuitarChat either didn't exist prior to the last Bash or it was in its embryonic state.  I have to admit, I only went there once.  I have no idea whether it has attracted a sizeable membership by now.

I think it would be a mistake to advertise this as open to guitarists.  Not belittling the guitar thing as many of us play that also, more that we should preserve our niche.  Otherwise we risk getting over-ridden by well meaning attendees who probably have a lot more events oriented to them specifically than we as bass players have anyway.

Just my thought.

Actually, I don't think it was my question (whether to invite them, anyway) but I totally agree.  It just seemed about right in terms of numbers last time - and there's got to be enough cake to go round 🍰 😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skinnyman said:

Oh.

A lot of things have suddenly become clear.

You might want to report me now to the folk on the Woke thread, save time later 😁

I was abusing the Welsh contingent, not the Cleethorpes Massive!

Just wait your turn, twerp!

:D