Why become a member? ×

2021 midlands bass bash! 4th september Date Confirmed

jebroad

1 hour ago, bnt said:

For the location, are you talking about Doveridge (DE6 5JQ) again? It's a bit out of the way if you'd go by train, I suppose.

Should be the same venue, there are usually taxis by the station and the occasional bus that can take you to doveridge. Both should be somewhat reasonably priced.

1 hour ago, bnt said:

For the location, are you talking about Doveridge (DE6 5JQ) again? It's a bit out of the way if you'd go by train, I suppose.

I am sure one of us could help you out with a lift from an appropriate station...?  Can you get to Derby with your kit, for example?

• Like 1

At this point, just pondering the possibility of getting Ryanair in to East Midlands and maybe staying in Derby or Nottingham for a few days. A Ryanair seat for a gig bag can be literally cheaper than the baggage charges on other airlines, assuming it's off-season. I would bring my modded HB MP-4 Enhanced (ClonedBerg) and a cable, that would be about it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bnt said:

At this point, just pondering the possibility of getting Ryanair in to East Midlands and maybe staying in Derby or Nottingham for a few days. A Ryanair seat for a gig bag can be literally cheaper than the baggage charges on other airlines, assuming it's off-season. I would bring my modded HB MP-4 Enhanced (ClonedBerg) and a cable, that would be about it.

If you get to Derby, we wont see you stuck for a lift.  If I can't squeeze you in, I am sure someone else can.

Of course we'll need details nearer the time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• @Richard R - Brawley Artemis 4, Brawley Artemis 5,  EBS Session60 amp, something to weigh basses with.
  • @Frank Blank - Rob Allen Mouse Fretless, Rob Allen Mouse Fretted, Ibanez SRC6, QSC K12.2, HX Stomp.
  • @Stub Mandrel - Frender Performer, Hohner Jack Custom V, Deathburger (HB kit build), TE 1110 combo?
  • @petecarlton - Mayones Cali4 "Puzzle" Bass: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYAvWZGwc4s&t=13s&ab_channel=BassTheWorld.com
  • @Teebs - Erm...dunno Finx.gif.38e5a959284efcdb0f75de29e61f08b8.gif What! >:( Isn't my mere presence enough for you peoples!?
  • @SpondonBassed - Jack.  (That's not short for Jack all, it's just that I can't decide until nearer the time.)
  • @Machines - Sire M5 / Yamaha RBXJM2 / GenzBenz Neo Pak / EICH112XS
  • @bassmansam - Rickenbacker 4003s, Eppy Thunderbird Vintage Pro and Ashdown ABM 500 2x10 combo
  • @jebroad - Not-fender jazz (maybe), squire silver series jazz, old Kay SC, Dingwall combustion, Ashdown 8x10 (Maybe)
  • Like 1

On 10/03/2021 at 16:21, jebroad said:

Should we attempt to accommodate our thin gauge-six string counterparts? 

What ! Foxtrot unicorn Charlie kilo off 🙄

They’ll just expect us to say the same things in the background whilst they hold forth at high volume “talking ‘bout the blues” 

Edited by Geek99
  • Haha 1

On 10/03/2021 at 17:52, SpondonBassed said:

@petecarlton; In answer to your question:

GuitarChat either didn't exist prior to the last Bash or it was in its embryonic state.  I have to admit, I only went there once.  I have no idea whether it has attracted a sizeable membership by now.

I think it would be a mistake to advertise this as open to guitarists.  Not belittling the guitar thing as many of us play that also, more that we should preserve our niche.  Otherwise we risk getting over-ridden by well meaning attendees who probably have a lot more events oriented to them specifically than we as bass players have anyway.

Just my thought.

And they are merchant bankers 

** not strictly true in all cases, some of them (the ones who haven’t been playing for very long) may be socially acceptable in some cultures and possibly even house-trained 

Edited by Geek99
  • Haha 1

On 10/03/2021 at 19:10, Jabba_the_gut said:

Traitor 

(damn - just found a Telecaster in a cupboard that I’d forgotten about so I’ll have to include myself in that statement!)

You now have to buy two basses to redress the balance away from the Dark Side - then sell the telecaster obviously 

I’ve mostly been unable to attend due to life commitments, childcare, stuff

HOWEVER my partner and two daughters have just got a horse and so disappear off to the stables every afternoon to do things horse-related. Normally I’d do DIY, shopping, prepare dinner and so I’ll ask if she has a problem with a day pass. I’m in credit right now as I’ve built them a field hay-box today and also set up a big electric fence from scratch 

mark me as a possible please 

Edited by Geek99
  • Like 5

On 10/03/2021 at 17:52, SpondonBassed said:

@petecarlton; In answer to your question:

GuitarChat either didn't exist prior to the last Bash or it was in its embryonic state.  I have to admit, I only went there once.  I have no idea whether it has attracted a sizeable membership by now.

I think it would be a mistake to advertise this as open to guitarists.  Not belittling the guitar thing as many of us play that also, more that we should preserve our niche.  Otherwise we risk getting over-ridden by well meaning attendees who probably have a lot more events oriented to them specifically than we as bass players have anyway.

Just my thought.

Hi, sorry not to have answered this before, for some reason I never saw the callout, but I totally agree.

• Like 1

• @Richard R - Brawley Artemis 4, Brawley Artemis 5,  EBS Session60 amp, something to weigh basses with.
  • @Frank Blank - Rob Allen Mouse Fretless, Rob Allen Mouse Fretted, Ibanez SRC6, QSC K12.2, HX Stomp.
  • @Stub Mandrel - Frender Performer, Hohner Jack Custom V, Deathburger (HB kit build), TE 1110 combo?
  • @petecarlton - Mayones Cali4 "Puzzle" Bass: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYAvWZGwc4s&t=13s&ab_channel=BassTheWorld.com
  • @Teebs - Erm...dunno Finx.gif.38e5a959284efcdb0f75de29e61f08b8.gif What! >:( Isn't my mere presence enough for you peoples!?
  • @SpondonBassed - Jack.  (That's not short for Jack all, it's just that I can't decide until nearer the time.)
  • @bassmansam - Rickenbacker 4003s, Eppy Thunderbird Vintage Pro and Ashdown ABM 500 2x10 combo
  • @jebroad - Not-fender jazz (maybe), squire silver series jazz, old Kay SC, Dingwall combustion, Ashdown 8x10 (Maybe)
  • @Jabba_the_gut - 27" mini basses, Short scale telebass, whatever else I build by then, TC RS210 combo. Cakes

20 minutes ago, Jabba_the_gut said:
  • @Jabba_the_gut - 27" mini basses, Short scale telebass, whatever else I build by then, TC RS210 combo. Cakes

Er, me, I’m going, me, me don’t forget me😳I’ll bring a Fretless something

Edited by Oldman

• @Oldman -
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1