Why become a member? ×

2021 midlands bass bash! 4th september Date Confirmed

jebroad

5 minutes ago, Bunion said:

Would love to come but the gas mans coming to change the meter. 
Last bill for a quarter in a 3 bed semi…

He’ll be here ‘Saturday’  

AE47BEE7-2FEE-41C9-B7E8-9DE58F079D6F.jpeg

Does your three bed semi double as a "grow house" .... asking for a friend.

• Haha 2

Hi guys, I've just registered, having been lurking for the past couple of weeks. Can anyone just turn up or do we have to give names first?

Also are we expected to bring along basses, amps etc or can I arrive empty handed?

Apologies if these question have been answered elsewhere but I can't be arsed to read through 26 pages.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Benjamin Bassoon said:

Hi guys, I've just registered, having been lurking for the past couple of weeks. Can anyone just turn up or do we have to give names first?

Just turn up Sir, you’ll be most welcome.

Also are we expected to bring along basses, amps etc or can I arrive empty handed?

I’m going empty handed too, no requirement to bring anything other than your good self (and a fiver to get in).

Apologies if these question have been answered elsewhere but I can't be arsed to read through 26 pages.

Tsk. 😉

Edited by Frank Blank
  • Like 1

Bleary-eyed, hungry and with Travelodge blandness fatigue I staggered out of the ‘hotel’ this morning in search of food. Bolstered by coffee and vegan sausage rolls I jumped in the car without consulting my watch. I am now outside Doveridge Village Hall a full 2hrs and 34 mins early *sigh*. I am a serial early arriver, I’ve arrived days early for things before, never mind.

• Like 2

Absolutely, Simon.  Thanks @jebroad Jamie, and thank you too to everyone who attended and to those who offered their advice and experience, their interest and their enthusiasm.  It was a splendid afternoon and I'm looking forward to the next (perhaps better-attended, when things have opened up a little - fingers crossed).

• Like 1

Just back from the Midlands Bash, cheers @jebroad for organising the event. I didn’t stay for long, I was only there to pick up a bass from @Jabba_the_gutand I had convinced myself beforehand that it wasn’t really safe enough yet for gatherings. I shouldn’t have worried, @jebroad had opened all the windows, there was an excellent amount of mask wearing and no idiocy around wearing or not wearing them, I was only there for 30 mins but on the way home I began to regret not staying, it was really lovely to see the folk I got to see and I felt bad picking up my bass and then taking it away from people who might have wanted to try it out. Oh well, you live you learn.

• Like 2

NBD you say? Let's just say I was >extremely< disappointed to find a luthier there who is about a 30 minute drive away from home.... That could be detrimental to my financial well-being... 🤦‍♂️ It's not as if I don't have a music room that's got a piano, 2 viols, 2 cellos, 4 saxes, and 3 basses in it.....

• Like 3
  • Haha 2