Why become a member? ×

2021 midlands bass bash! 4th september Date Confirmed

jebroad

• 2 weeks later...

What is the position regarding interested kids coming? We are talking 12 rather one than 18 months so unlikely to stick a crayon or a cake into your xlr socket - (obviously no photos involving said child  please)

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Geek99 said:

What is the position regarding interested kids coming? We are talking 12 rather one than 18 months so unlikely to stick a crayon or a cake into your xlr socket - (obviously no photos involving said child  please)

One twelve-year-old, absolutely fine with me and I'll probably learn some technique. One twelve- or eighteen-month-old, also fine and I'll teach them to say "Four strings good, five strings better" 

Twelve eighteen-month-old kids, maybe less keen on that.. 😅

• Like 2

My chances of attending are looking a bit less tentative now, as long as the UK gets COVID under reasonable control by then. I'll probably get ferries rather than fly, since the cost of flights that weekend has shot up since I last checked, and make it a longer trip. overall. I'm vaccinated and should be able to get a EU Digital COVID Certificate. Now to see whether the UK will accept those without making me take more tests or go in to quarantine.

• Like 1

Just updating this by removing myself from the list.

• @Richard R - Brawley Artemis 4, Brawley Artemis 5,  EBS Session60 amp, something to weigh basses with. + son with his Westfield of some sort.
  • @Stub Mandrel - Fender Performer, Hohner Jack Custom V, Deathburger (HB kit build), TE 1110 combo?
  • @petecarlton - Mayones Cali4 "Puzzle" Bass: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYAvWZGwc4s&t=13s&ab_channel=BassTheWorld.com
  • @Teebs PRS Kingfisher bass, Godin Passion RG-4 RN (It haz arrived! :D)
  • @SpondonBassed - Jack.  (That's not short for Jack all, it's just that I can't decide until nearer the time.)
  • @Machines - Sire M5 / Yamaha RBXJM2 / GenzBenz Neo Pak / EICH112XS
  • @bassmansam - Rickenbacker 4003s, Eppy Thunderbird Vintage Pro and Ashdown ABM 500 2x10 combo
  • @jebroad - Not-fender jazz (maybe), squire silver series jazz, old Kay SC, Dingwall combustion, Ashdown 8x10 (Maybe)
  • @Jabba_the_gut - 27" mini basses, Short scale telebass, whatever else I build by then, TC RS210 combo. Cakes
  • @Oldman -RUACH NT 35” Unlined Fretless Custom, head and cab
  • @NickA Since the last one..  got a second Wal with an extra string and those weird metal things in the fingerboard ( supposed to help you play in tune I think, but cause all kinds of problems ).  So, yes, please. I'll be there;  Couple of Wals and some pjb amps.
  • @Geek99 - POSSIBLE ... Ampeg AMP, bass-doc built relic P, homemade jazz with geddy lee pups, zoom b2.1
  • @bnt - TENTATIVE - Harley Benton MP-4EB Enhanced "Shamberg" w/ EMGs and its own Ryanair seat, tc SpectraDrive.
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Richard R said:

You don't regard that as serious?

I don’t, getting hit by a bus would be serious. Getting rid of instruments that I haven’t played for months because I’ve realised I’m one of those idiots who thinks buying expensive gear will make up for my lack of talent is just a welcome insight.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

I don’t, getting hit by a bus would be serious. Getting rid of instruments that I haven’t played for months because I’ve realised I’m one of those idiots who thinks buying expensive gear will make up for my lack of talent is just a welcome insight.

I resemble that remark!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Frank Blank said:

Just buy cheap gear to make up for your lack of talent. Even cheap-ish gear is as capable as most of us - a nice precision is what you want, back to basics … there you go - first gear engaged

Edited by Geek99
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Richard R said:

You don't regard that as serious?

No, it happens a lot

then sellers remorse happens and he spends the next ten years putting up posters on telegraph poles and lampposts in his neighbourhood asking “if anyone has seen this bass, reward £10”

probably

Edited by Geek99
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Frank Blank said:

You’ve kept at least one mouse I hope

6 hours ago, Frank Blank said:

I have a fretted bass already built and a fretless about to be built, both by @Jabba_the_gut so I’ll not be totally bereft

I was wondering about that.  Glad to hear you've not shut the door.

Shirley you'd be able to bring one of those to the bash, with your good self of course.

7 hours ago, Frank Blank said:

No, all my basses are gone or spoken for, including both Mice.

I have a fretted bass already built and a fretless about to be built, both by @Jabba_the_gut so I’ll not be totally bereft

Shame about the Mice (Mouses?). However, two JtG basses are more than suitable replacements.

• Like 1

Just now, owen said:

Whisper it, perhaps better.

I’ve thought this for quite some time, they are certainly, as a minimum, their equal, as least in my experience at a bass bash a few years back. I’d love one of @Jabba_the_gut’s builds, especially now as I’m becoming more and more enthralled by short scales and he’s extremely adept at those.

• Like 2