Why become a member? ×

2021 midlands bass bash! 4th september Date Confirmed

jebroad

Just wanted to thank Jamie for organising the bash. It was great to meet fellow players and put faces to names.

I'm glad that Richard and Kier had a play on the Sire V7. I should have brought it in earlier. (Sorry Owen.)

I picked it up from ebay after reading some favourable reviews on here and other sites - it has been every bit as good as the reviews and I'm delighted that I went for it. (I was the only bidder and picked it up for £295 - absolute bargain as it's in brand new condition and had been professionally set up.)

I just need to put a band together now...

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Benjamin Bassoon said:

Just wanted to thank Jamie for organising the bash. It was great to meet fellow players and put faces to names.

I'm glad that Richard and Kier had a play on the Sire V7. I should have brought it in earlier. (Sorry Owen.)

I picked it up from ebay after reading some favourable reviews on here and other sites - it has been every bit as good as the reviews and I'm delighted that I went for it. (I was the only bidder and picked it up for £295 - absolute bargain as it's in brand new condition and had been professionally set up.)

I just need to put a band together now...

If you need a bass player I live in your neck of the woods😉

153130757_whistlingemoji.gif.619350b998eb22217ca9dea3ff35ff10.gif

:biggrin:

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, jebroad said:

Aaaaaaand I'm still waiting on the invoice from the hall so the total raised is still unknown. Will let you all know as soon as I do.

I was worried that you had left the country with the spoils. 

• Haha 2

I'm cross-linking to this, as @scrumpymike has posted it on the SW Bash thread,  but it might be interesting to others.

The T-shirts aren't branded to any  bash, are good quality, and in my experience are guaranteed to get you a "What on earth is a Bass Bash??" response when you wear them. 😁

Edited by Richard R
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Ello all,

Circumstances have changed recently and I've found myself moving to Redditch to further my adventure into audio engineering. 

I'm looking to hand over the reigns of the bash to someone else this year. Though if there's enough demand and no one else to organise it, I'll be happy to plan this years event.

Feel free to reply to this post or get in touch directly if you'd be interested in hosting.

• Thanks 4

Best of luck with the future Jamie, and thanks for organising past bashes, including the two I went to.

I'm now in South Wales rather than just outside Burton otherwise I would offer to lend a hand.

Actually, being where I am, a Bass Bash south of Brum sounds a very good idea... do they still rent out the big rooms at Arrow Valley Visitor Centre 🙂

• Like 2

Thank you for all your organising @jebroad .

The sports hall in our church halls would do, or one of the smaller carpeted rooms, but the parking and load in/out isn't straightforward. Parking may be getting better with the nearby carpark removing the 3hr limit, I'll investigate. 

• Like 5

• 5 months later...

I've come to the conclusion that the hall is perfect, but the load in/out of 20 vehicles with n+1 instruments each will be a right pain. ☹️

As we have missed this year then I suggest planning for March/April/May next year. Does anyone know of a suitable venue, or shall I look for something just off the M42?