Why become a member? ×

2021 midlands bass bash! 4th september Date Confirmed

jebroad

12 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Is there a 'preferred' hotel or pub in Uttoxeter  for anyone doing an overnight?

Actually the premier inn Stafford is closer (aka hurricane and spitfire)

has a good restaurant attached too 

Edited by Geek99

9 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

? The Uttoxeter one is within walking distance of Doveridge. Stafford is miles away!

I thought uttoxeter is much further on. We turn at the mcd to go to Alton towers 

I must have been thinking of Stoke 

ignore me please 

• Like 1

Hi everyone, I was away from the site for a very long time so I missed the whole convo.

It would be great if you could write the details for this please. I get that it is on the 4th but where and what time? :)

I can bring along my 4 jazz basses, a custom 6 string fretless and my upright. Not sure about the amp though :D 

Edited by Bora Bekiroglu
  • Like 1

If there's anyone interested in doing a 'show and tell', let me know. Would be fun to steal the same format from previous years. For those unfamiliar, this would be a short presentation on a piece of equipment, favourite cake, bits of luthiery or wotever really.

• Like 1

On 16/08/2021 at 12:40, SpondonBassed said:
  • @Richard R - Brawley Artemis 4, Brawley Artemis 5,  EBS Session60 amp, something to weigh basses with. + son with his Westfield of some sort. 
  • @Stub Mandrel - Fender Performer, Hohner Jack Custom V, Deathburger (HB kit build), TE 1110 combo? GR Bass cab and amp TBC.
  • @petecarlton - Mayones Cali4 "Puzzle" Bass; Sterling by Music Man Short Scale Stingray; Gretsch Electromatic Jet Junior 2220 S/scale; Höfner Ignition Violin Bass; Markbass CMD Players School 151 combo
  • @Teebs PRS Kingfisher bass, Godin Passion RG-4 RN (It haz arrived! :D)
  • @bassmansam - Rickenbacker 4003s, Eppy Thunderbird Vintage Pro and Ashdown ABM 500 2x10 combo
  • @jebroad - Not-fender jazz (maybe), squire silver series jazz, old Kay SC, Dingwall combustion, Ashdown 8x10 (Maybe)
  • @Jabba_the_gut - 27" mini basses, Short scale telebass, whatever else I build by then, TC RS210 combo. Cakes
  • @Oldman -RUACH NT 35” Unlined Fretless Custom, head and cab
  • @NickA Since the last one..  got a second Wal with an extra string and those weird metal things in the fingerboard ( supposed to help you play in tune I think, but cause all kinds of problems ).  So, yes, please. I'll be there;  Couple of Wals and some pjb amps.
  • @Geek99 - POSSIBLE ... Ampeg AMP, bass-doc built relic P, homemade jazz with geddy lee pups, zoom b2.
  • @Sarah5string Count me in. Dean edge pro 5 bass, Ibanez sr505 bass, little mark III amp, ashdown ABM 115 cab
  • @verb Warwick Corvette and a TE Series 6 amp.
  • @nickmew Dingwall Z3, Sandberg California II TM5 Fretless, Hofner Club, Roscoe Century+ 5 and probably a Phil Jones Double 4 as I'm not dragging along my big rig.
  • @tauzero Perm a few from Warwicks, Seis, Variax, and Cort. Maybe some bass pedals too.

Slight edit on the short scales!

• Like 1

Amended:

• @Richard R - Brawley Artemis 4, Brawley Artemis 5,  EBS Session60 amp, something to weigh basses with. + son with his Westfield of some sort. 
  • @Stub Mandrel - Fender Performer, Deathburger (HB kit build), GR Bass cab and Bass Terror.
  • @petecarlton - Mayones Cali4 "Puzzle" Bass; Sterling by Music Man Short Scale Stingray; Gretsch Electromatic Jet Junior 2220 S/scale; Höfner Ignition Violin Bass; Markbass CMD Players School 151 combo
  • @Teebs PRS Kingfisher bass, Godin Passion RG-4 RN (It haz arrived! :D)
  • @bassmansam - Rickenbacker 4003s, Eppy Thunderbird Vintage Pro and Ashdown ABM 500 2x10 combo
  • @jebroad - Not-fender jazz (maybe), squire silver series jazz, old Kay SC, Dingwall combustion, Ashdown 8x10 (Maybe)
  • @Jabba_the_gut - 27" mini basses, Short scale telebass, whatever else I build by then, TC RS210 combo. Cakes
  • @Oldman -RUACH NT 35” Unlined Fretless Custom, head and cab
  • @NickA Since the last one..  got a second Wal with an extra string and those weird metal things in the fingerboard ( supposed to help you play in tune I think, but cause all kinds of problems ).  So, yes, please. I'll be there;  Couple of Wals and some pjb amps.
  • @Geek99 - POSSIBLE ... Ampeg AMP, bass-doc built relic P, homemade jazz with geddy lee pups, zoom b2.
  • @Sarah5string Count me in. Dean edge pro 5 bass, Ibanez sr505 bass, little mark III amp, ashdown ABM 115 cab
  • @verb Warwick Corvette and a TE Series 6 amp.
  • @nickmew Dingwall Z3, Sandberg California II TM5 Fretless, Hofner Club, Roscoe Century+ 5 and probably a Phil Jones Double 4 as I'm not dragging along my big rig.
  • @tauzero Perm a few from Warwicks, Seis, Variax, and Cort. Maybe some bass pedals too.
  • Like 1

Guys, I’m pulling out, I’m still classed as vulnerable after my hospital stay even though I’m out and about (carefully) and I’m under a tad of pressure from my Wifey and my Daughter. So it is with regret I am reneging on this event. I had built myself up to attend this “Bash” all through my hospital stay and up to this minute. But, Corvid being what it is, and the people who know the people who know the people who are possibly irresponsible non mask wearers are an issue I can’t ignore. And, the kids are back! I also have to rely on a lift from my logistics manager (Helen) who has done sterling work so far.

Sorry guys, next time!

Brian

• Haha 1
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, Oldman said:

So it is with regret I am reneging on this event.

You are not reneging in any sense whatsoever. Likewise I am not attending this* nor the SW Bash this year for similar reasons to yourself.

*Actually, I will be at the Midlands Bash very briefly but only to pick up a bass from @Jabba_the_gut but that'll be outside in the car park.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

I'm afraid I'm doing the hokey cokey on this one. Turns out this is the only weekend we can go see the brother-in-law we haven't seen for a v long time (for the same reasons as everyone has had over the last 18 months), so unfortunately I'm now out. Was really looking forward to it. 

Edited by nickmew
Typo

2 minutes ago, nickmew said:

I'm afraid I'm doing the hokey cokey on this one. Turns out this is the only weekend we can go see the brother-in-law we haven't seen for a v long time (for the same reasons as everyone has had over the last 18 months), so unfortunately I'm now out. Was really looking forward to it. 

Though if anyone is interested in any of my basses, @Richard R has permission to borrow

• Thanks 1