Why become a member? ×

2021 midlands bass bash! 4th september Date Confirmed

jebroad

1 hour ago, dub_junkie said:

I’m moving to Shropshire from Scotland this week. Would be up for September 4th🙂 Doveridge is just over 30 miles from where I’ll be.

Valenti jazz

Fender Dimension Deluxe HH

Musicman Cutlass (the P bass one)

possibly a Lakland or G&L

TC RH450 + 2x8” cab(s) - can’t fit bigger in the car

cheers

Keir

Welcome to Salopia.... I'm at the north end of the county.

3 hours ago, dub_junkie said:

I’m moving to Shropshire from Scotland this week. Would be up for September 4th🙂 Doveridge is just over 30 miles from where I’ll be.

Valenti jazz

Fender Dimension Deluxe HH

Musicman Cutlass (the P bass one)

possibly a Lakland or G&L

TC RH450 + 2x8” cab(s) - can’t fit bigger in the car

cheers

Keir

Excellent!

Don't need a big rig to be honest. With so many basses about folks generally keep the volume down so we can all hear ourselves/not embarras ourselves 😁

I've had to take myself off the list, sadly. It was looking unlikely as it was, travelling from Ireland with all the hassle and uncertainty, and now I've had to change my booked time off work to accommodate someone else who needs it more urgently. 

I think this is the current list:

• @Richard R - Brawley Artemis 4, Brawley Artemis 5,  EBS Session60 amp, something to weigh basses with. + son with his Westfield of some sort. 
  • @Stub Mandrel - Fender Performer, Hohner Jack Custom V, Deathburger (HB kit build), TE 1110 combo?
  • @petecarlton - Mayones Cali4 "Puzzle" Bass: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYAvWZGwc4s&t=13s&ab_channel=BassTheWorld.com; Sterling by Music Man Short Scale Stingray
  • @Teebs PRS Kingfisher bass, Godin Passion RG-4 RN (It haz arrived! :D)
  • @SpondonBassed - Jack.  (That's not short for Jack all, it's just that I can't decide until nearer the time.)
  • @bassmansam - Rickenbacker 4003s, Eppy Thunderbird Vintage Pro and Ashdown ABM 500 2x10 combo
  • @jebroad - Not-fender jazz (maybe), squire silver series jazz, old Kay SC, Dingwall combustion, Ashdown 8x10 (Maybe)
  • @Jabba_the_gut - 27" mini basses, Short scale telebass, whatever else I build by then, TC RS210 combo. Cakes
  • @Oldman -RUACH NT 35” Unlined Fretless Custom, head and cab
  • @NickA Since the last one..  got a second Wal with an extra string and those weird metal things in the fingerboard ( supposed to help you play in tune I think, but cause all kinds of problems ).  So, yes, please. I'll be there;  Couple of Wals and some pjb amps.
  • @Geek99 - POSSIBLE ... Ampeg AMP, bass-doc built relic P, homemade jazz with geddy lee pups, zoom b2.
  • @Sarah5string Count me in. Dean edge pro 5 bass, Ibanez sr505 bass, little mark III amp, ashdown ABM 115 cab
  • @verb Warwick Corvette and a TE Series 6 amp.
  • @nickmew Dingwall Z3, Sandberg California II TM5 Fretless, Hofner Club, Roscoe Century+ 5 and probably a Phil Jones Double 4 as I'm not dragging along my big rig.

4 hours ago, bnt said:

I've had to take myself off the list, sadly. It was looking unlikely as it was, travelling from Ireland with all the hassle and uncertainty, and now I've had to change my booked time off work to accommodate someone else who needs it more urgently. 

I think this is the current list:

• @Richard R - Brawley Artemis 4, Brawley Artemis 5,  EBS Session60 amp, something to weigh basses with. + son with his Westfield of some sort. 
  • @Stub Mandrel - Fender Performer, Hohner Jack Custom V, Deathburger (HB kit build), TE 1110 combo?
  • @petecarlton - Mayones Cali4 "Puzzle" Bass: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYAvWZGwc4s&t=13s&ab_channel=BassTheWorld.com; Sterling by Music Man Short Scale Stingray
  • @SpondonBassed - Jack.  (That's not short for Jack all, it's just that I can't decide until nearer the time.)
  • @bassmansam - Rickenbacker 4003s, Eppy Thunderbird Vintage Pro and Ashdown ABM 500 2x10 combo
  • @jebroad - Not-fender jazz (maybe), squire silver series jazz, old Kay SC, Dingwall combustion, Ashdown 8x10 (Maybe)
  • @Jabba_the_gut - 27" mini basses, Short scale telebass, whatever else I build by then, TC RS210 combo. Cakes
  • @NickA Since the last one..  got a second Wal with an extra string and those weird metal things in the fingerboard ( supposed to help you play in tune I think, but cause all kinds of problems ).  So, yes, please. I'll be there;  Couple of Wals and some pjb amps.
  • @Geek99 - LIKELY ... Ampeg AMP, bass-doc built relic P, , zoom b2.
  • @Sarah5string Count me in. Dean edge pro 5 bass, Ibanez sr505 bass, little mark III amp, ashdown ABM 115 cab
  • @nickmew Dingwall Z3, Sandberg California II TM5 Fretless, Hofner Club, Roscoe Century+ 5 and probably a Phil Jones Double 4 as I'm not dragging along my big rig.

Status update 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hoping to make it.

• @Geek99 - POSSIBLE ... Ampeg AMP, bass-doc built relic P, homemade jazz with geddy lee pups, zoom b2.
  • @tauzero Perm a few from Warwicks, Seis, Variax, and Cort. Maybe some bass pedals too.
  • Like 2

• @Stub Mandrel - Fender Performer, Hohner Jack Custom V, Deathburger (HB kit build), TE 1110 combo? GR Bass cab and amp TBC.
  • @tauzero Perm a few from Warwicks, Seis, Variax, and Cort. Maybe some bass pedals too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • @Stub Mandrel - Fender Performer, Hohner Jack Custom V, Deathburger (HB kit build), TE 1110 combo? GR Bass cab and amp TBC.

Unfortunately I have had to remove myself from the list.  I don't think Jack is up to the journey.  The last couple of years have set him back a great deal.  Very sorry to miss out.  Have a great time.

• Sad 5

2 hours ago, SpondonBassed said:

Unfortunately I have had to remove myself from the list.  I don't think Jack is up to the journey.  The last couple of years have set him back a great deal.  Very sorry to miss out.  Have a great time.

Son is going to a wedding, so he's not coming with me. 

Put it on our calendar, mentioned it again to dear partner so think I’m okay for this

NOT bringing white jazz as it’s been parted out. Bringing a p bass and a Vintage stingray clone that’s been worked over by a luthier. It punches far above its weight 

• Like 3