Why become a member? ×

2021 midlands bass bash! 4th september Date Confirmed

jebroad

On 23/06/2021 at 11:12, Frank Blank said:

We’ll have to see what Jez sez.

I'll definitely have one complete and hopefully the second one too. I will be bringing along some mini basses as well.

Really looking forward to this bash and catching up with everyone again.

Cheers

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Jabba_the_gut said:

'll definitely have one complete and hopefully the second one too. I will be bringing along some mini basses as well.

As amazing as that would be, don't rush them to meet the date. Good work (especially as good as yours) can't be rushed. Like you don't know that!

Blast!   

Huge apologies - and a great personal disappointment - but I'm not going to be able to make this after all :(

This year is all a bit complicated on the family front (just normal life events, but unavoidable and unnegotiable ones) and I'm not going to be able to make it.

I think this was the last live list, now amended taking me off.

• @Richard R - Brawley Artemis 4, Brawley Artemis 5,  EBS Session60 amp, something to weigh basses with. + son with his Westfield of some sort. 
  • @Stub Mandrel - Fender Performer, Hohner Jack Custom V, Deathburger (HB kit build), TE 1110 combo?
  • @petecarlton - Mayones Cali4 "Puzzle" Bass: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYAvWZGwc4s&t=13s&ab_channel=BassTheWorld.com; Sterling by Music Man Short Scale Stingray
  • @Teebs PRS Kingfisher bass, Godin Passion RG-4 RN (It haz arrived! :D)
  • @SpondonBassed - Jack.  (That's not short for Jack all, it's just that I can't decide until nearer the time.)
  • @bassmansam - Rickenbacker 4003s, Eppy Thunderbird Vintage Pro and Ashdown ABM 500 2x10 combo
  • @jebroad - Not-fender jazz (maybe), squire silver series jazz, old Kay SC, Dingwall combustion, Ashdown 8x10 (Maybe)
  • @Jabba_the_gut - 27" mini basses, Short scale telebass, whatever else I build by then, TC RS210 combo. Cakes
  • @Oldman -RUACH NT 35” Unlined Fretless Custom, head and cab
  • @NickA Since the last one..  got a second Wal with an extra string and those weird metal things in the fingerboard ( supposed to help you play in tune I think, but cause all kinds of problems ).  So, yes, please. I'll be there;  Couple of Wals and some pjb amps.
  • @Geek99 - POSSIBLE ... Ampeg AMP, bass-doc built relic P, homemade jazz with geddy lee pups, zoom b2.1
  • @bnt - TENTATIVE - Harley Benton MP-4EB Enhanced "Shamberg" w/ EMGs and its own Ryanair seat, tc SpectraDrive.
  • @Sarah5string Count me in. Dean edge pro 5 bass, Ibanez sr505 bass, little mark III amp, ashdown ABM 115 cab
  • @verb Warwick Corvette and a TE Series 6 amp.

I'm really disappointed - it's going to be a great bash!

Andy

• Sad 4

I’m going to leave myself on the list while I monitor the evolving COVID-19 situation in the UK & Ireland. My general idea was to base in Nottingham for about 5 days and take day trips to parts I’ve never been to, such as Yorkshire, but if I have to self-isolate, it’s not happening. It’s supposed to be fun, not stressful. I’m fully Pfizer-ed as of six weeks ago. 

Edited by bnt
“tun”?

On 09/06/2021 at 12:57, Sarah5string said:

Coolest Bass Fish Birthday Cake

Just catching up, and viewing this on a phone, I thought the bit on the right was a Teddy bear with the top of its head cut off and its brains scooped out.

Hoping to make this bash, I'll sort out things to bring when I'm back home in a week.

• Haha 2

So back in the ice age @Richard R invited me along, but I wasn't sure due to a commitment to play as a festival.

Well that got cancelled last week, so now I can come to the ball - with as much certainty as you can have at the moment, having just been Test and Traced into 10 days isolation this morning.

So add me in:

@nickmew Dingwall Z3, Sandberg California II TM5 Fretless, Hofner Club, Roscoe Century+ 5 and probably a Phil Jones Double 4 as I'm not dragging along my big rig

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Oldman said:

Health issues aside I intent to make an appearance, however it’s unlikely I’ll bring any kit. 😳

I’m pretty sure that just your physical presence will fill the BC collective with joy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So I have a pass out. Partner said she was taking the kids to a horse show the following weekend “so, yes, absolutely”

won’t be bringing the white jazz bass as it’s been parted out for financial reasons 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, nickmew said:

So back in the ice age @Richard R invited me along, but I wasn't sure due to a commitment to play as a festival.

Well that got cancelled last week, so now I can come to the ball - with as much certainty as you can have at the moment, having just been Test and Traced into 10 days isolation this morning.

So add me in:

@nickmew Dingwall Z3, Sandberg California II TM5 Fretless, Hofner Club, Roscoe Century+ 5 and probably a Phil Jones Double 4 as I'm not dragging along my big rig

Excellent!

By then I hope to have sold the S-max and bought something sporty and impractical instead, so we may not be able to all pile in together. 

I’m moving to Shropshire from Scotland this week. Would be up for September 4th🙂 Doveridge is just over 30 miles from where I’ll be.

Valenti jazz

Fender Dimension Deluxe HH

Musicman Cutlass (the P bass one)

possibly a Lakland or G&L

TC RH450 + 2x8” cab(s) - can’t fit bigger in the car

cheers

Keir

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, dub_junkie said:

I’m moving to Shropshire from Scotland this week. Would be up for September 4th🙂 Doveridge is just over 30 miles from where I’ll be.

Valenti jazz

Fender Dimension Deluxe HH

Musicman Cutlass (the P bass one)

possibly a Lakland or G&L

TC RH450 + 2x8” cab(s) - can’t fit bigger in the car

cheers

Keir

Not a red valenti is it?

Oh btw  - I’ve stuck the date in the dairy, with a 4 month old around I’ve no idea if I’ll get a pass for the day, and bass gear and two kids don’t fit in our car together so I can’t even drop the rest of the family off With the inlaws in Bakewell like I did last time. So I’m a sketchy tentative. 
if I do come the BCcab that Stevie designed is worth bringing and then basses of some description 

• Like 2