Why become a member? ×

2021 midlands bass bash! 4th september Date Confirmed

jebroad

12 hours ago, verb said:
  1. @Richard R - Brawley Artemis 4, Brawley Artemis 5,  EBS Session60 amp, something to weigh basses with. + son with his Westfield of some sort. 
  2. @Frank Blank - Rob Allen Mouse Fretless, Rob Allen Mouse Fretted, Ibanez SRC6, QSC K12.2, HX Stomp.
  3. @Stub Mandrel - Fender Performer, Hohner Jack Custom V, Deathburger (HB kit build), TE 1110 combo?
  4. @petecarlton - Mayones Cali4 "Puzzle" Bass: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYAvWZGwc4s&t=13s&ab_channel=BassTheWorld.com
  5. @Teebs PRS Kingfisher bass, Godin Passion RG-4 RN (It haz arrived! :D)
  6. @SpondonBassed - Jack.  (That's not short for Jack all, it's just that I can't decide until nearer the time.)
  7. @bassmansam - Rickenbacker 4003s, Eppy Thunderbird Vintage Pro and Ashdown ABM 500 2x10 combo
  8. @jebroad - Not-fender jazz (maybe), squire silver series jazz, old Kay SC, Dingwall combustion, Ashdown 8x10 (Maybe)
  9. @Jabba_the_gut - 27" mini basses, Short scale telebass, whatever else I build by then, TC RS210 combo. Cakes
  10. @Oldman -RUACH NT 35” Unlined Fretless Custom, head and cab
  11. @NickA Since the last one..  got a second Wal with an extra string and those weird metal things in the fingerboard ( supposed to help you play in tune I think, but cause all kinds of problems ).  So, yes, please. I'll be there;  Couple of Wals and some pjb amps.
  12. @Geek99 - POSSIBLE ... Ampeg AMP, bass-doc built relic P, homemade jazz with geddy lee pups, zoom b2.1
  13. @bnt - TENTATIVE - Harley Benton MP-4EB Enhanced "Shamberg" w/ EMGs and its own Ryanair seat, tc SpectraDrive.
  14. @Andyjr1515 Not sure what I'm bringing yet but probably will include 'Kert's' Single Cut Camphor incorporating @mhoss32's exciting new electronics :)  And maybe Pete's Piccolo too... 
  15. @Sarah5string Count me in. Dean edge pro 5 bass, Ibanez sr505 bass, little mark III amp, ashdown ABM 115 cab
  16. @verb Warwick Corvette and a TE Series 6 amp.

Changed the bullets to show how many are coming.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sarah5string said:

I've now got a Fender Jazz American professional 2 which I can bring unless someone was already planning on bring a jazz

Im Bringing one with natural relicing (weather….)  but it’s not exclusive so bring yours too

On 07/06/2021 at 22:58, verb said:
  • @Richard R - Brawley Artemis 4, Brawley Artemis 5,  EBS Session60 amp, something to weigh basses with. + son with his Westfield of some sort. 
  • @Frank Blank - Rob Allen Mouse Fretless, Rob Allen Mouse Fretted, Ibanez SRC6, QSC K12.2, HX Stomp.
  • @Stub Mandrel - Fender Performer, Hohner Jack Custom V, Deathburger (HB kit build), TE 1110 combo?
  • @petecarlton - Mayones Cali4 "Puzzle" Bass: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYAvWZGwc4s&t=13s&ab_channel=BassTheWorld.com; Sterling by Music Man Short Scale Stingray
  • @Teebs PRS Kingfisher bass, Godin Passion RG-4 RN (It haz arrived! :D)
  • @SpondonBassed - Jack.  (That's not short for Jack all, it's just that I can't decide until nearer the time.)
  • @bassmansam - Rickenbacker 4003s, Eppy Thunderbird Vintage Pro and Ashdown ABM 500 2x10 combo
  • @jebroad - Not-fender jazz (maybe), squire silver series jazz, old Kay SC, Dingwall combustion, Ashdown 8x10 (Maybe)
  • @Jabba_the_gut - 27" mini basses, Short scale telebass, whatever else I build by then, TC RS210 combo. Cakes
  • @Oldman -RUACH NT 35” Unlined Fretless Custom, head and cab
  • @NickA Since the last one..  got a second Wal with an extra string and those weird metal things in the fingerboard ( supposed to help you play in tune I think, but cause all kinds of problems ).  So, yes, please. I'll be there;  Couple of Wals and some pjb amps.
  • @Geek99 - POSSIBLE ... Ampeg AMP, bass-doc built relic P, homemade jazz with geddy lee pups, zoom b2.1
  • @bnt - TENTATIVE - Harley Benton MP-4EB Enhanced "Shamberg" w/ EMGs and its own Ryanair seat, tc SpectraDrive.
  • @Andyjr1515 Not sure what I'm bringing yet but probably will include 'Kert's' Single Cut Camphor incorporating @mhoss32's exciting new electronics :)  And maybe Pete's Piccolo too... 
  • @Sarah5string Count me in. Dean edge pro 5 bass, Ibanez sr505 bass, little mark III amp, ashdown ABM 115 cab
  • @verb Warwick Corvette and a TE Series 6 amp.

Edited for latest acquisition!

Edited by petecarlton
Dreadful spelling

3 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

The obvious solution is to assume we all bring a +1 and adjust the cake supply  accordingly.  With an extra 50%, just in case.

Nope.

If you're bringing a plus one, you must bring cake and gin.

The rules are clear.

• Like 1

Based  on the last bash, if you bring a +1 they will win top prize in the raffle 😁.

I still have that transcript of Moondance, and I intend to put it back into the raffle. But this time autographed and dated, thus starting a tradition, so that 20 bashes later it will appear on the antiques road show. Or Crimewatch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Sarah5string said:

Coolest Bass Fish Birthday Cake

It would indeed be a shocker if we all found out that most of the members were fishmongers who just happened to also play musical instruments.

"No, no...but it's Basschat...it's all about...oh...hang on a minute"

And I'll get in before any of you lot,

"Yes - it was a bit of a surprise, but at least there was plenty of Sole!"

;)

• Haha 3

On 04/06/2021 at 16:00, Richard R said:

My lad Dave wants to come along, he'll bring his bass. Might get a couple of other hangers-on as well to make up a car-load. ( @nickmew? )

• @Richard R - Brawley Artemis 4, Brawley Artemis 5,  EBS Session60 amp, something to weigh basses with. + son with his Westfield of some sort. 
  • @Frank Blank - Rob Allen Mouse Fretless, Rob Allen Mouse Fretted, Ibanez SRC6, QSC K12.2, HX Stomp.
  • @Stub Mandrel - Fender Performer, Hohner Jack Custom V, Deathburger (HB kit build), TE 1110 combo?
  • @petecarlton - Mayones Cali4 "Puzzle" Bass: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYAvWZGwc4s&t=13s&ab_channel=BassTheWorld.com
  • @Teebs PRS Kingfisher bass, Godin Passion RG-4 RN (It haz arrived! :D)
  • @SpondonBassed - Jack.  (That's not short for Jack all, it's just that I can't decide until nearer the time.)
  • @Machines - Sire M5 / Yamaha RBXJM2 / GenzBenz Neo Pak / EICH112XS
  • @bassmansam - Rickenbacker 4003s, Eppy Thunderbird Vintage Pro and Ashdown ABM 500 2x10 combo
  • @jebroad - Not-fender jazz (maybe), squire silver series jazz, old Kay SC, Dingwall combustion, Ashdown 8x10 (Maybe)
  • @Jabba_the_gut - 27" mini basses, Short scale telebass, whatever else I build by then, TC RS210 combo. Cakes
  • @Oldman -RUACH NT 35” Unlined Fretless Custom, head and cab
  • @NickA Since the last one..  got a second Wal with an extra string and those weird metal things in the fingerboard ( supposed to help you play in tune I think, but cause all kinds of problems ).  So, yes, please. I'll be there;  Couple of Wals and some pjb amps.
  • @Geek99 - POSSIBLE ... Ampeg AMP, bass-doc built relic P, homemade jazz with geddy lee pups, zoom b2.1
  • @bnt - TENTATIVE - Harley Benton MP-4EB Enhanced "Shamberg" w/ EMGs and its own Ryanair seat, tc SpectraDrive.

16 confirmed on this list, plus the few others who have said they want to come but haven't added themselves yet. Should be good. 🤞

Playing at a festival that weekend but waiting to see which day(s) we're playing. Would be up for it if it fits - have a Dingwall Z3, Sandberg California TM5 Fretless, Hofner Club and a Roscoe Century+ 5 hanging around in the music room. Plus various weird and wonderful pedals and noise making bits. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, verb said:

Can the cake be home made, or would shop bought cake be more appropriate at the moment.

took a shop bought cake to the first one I attended ... and took it home uneaten.  So many much better home made cakes.  There are bakers among us.

• Like 1