Why become a member? ×

2021 midlands bass bash! 4th september Date Confirmed

jebroad

• 2 weeks later...

My lad Dave wants to come along, he'll bring his bass. Might get a couple of other hangers-on as well to make up a car-load. ( @nickmew? )

• @Richard R - Brawley Artemis 4, Brawley Artemis 5,  EBS Session60 amp, something to weigh basses with. + son with his Westfield of some sort. 
  • @Frank Blank - Rob Allen Mouse Fretless, Rob Allen Mouse Fretted, Ibanez SRC6, QSC K12.2, HX Stomp.
  • @Stub Mandrel - Fender Performer, Hohner Jack Custom V, Deathburger (HB kit build), TE 1110 combo?
  • @petecarlton - Mayones Cali4 "Puzzle" Bass: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYAvWZGwc4s&t=13s&ab_channel=BassTheWorld.com
  • @Teebs PRS Kingfisher bass, Godin Passion RG-4 RN (It haz arrived! :D)
  • @SpondonBassed - Jack.  (That's not short for Jack all, it's just that I can't decide until nearer the time.)
  • @Machines - Sire M5 / Yamaha RBXJM2 / GenzBenz Neo Pak / EICH112XS
  • @bassmansam - Rickenbacker 4003s, Eppy Thunderbird Vintage Pro and Ashdown ABM 500 2x10 combo
  • @jebroad - Not-fender jazz (maybe), squire silver series jazz, old Kay SC, Dingwall combustion, Ashdown 8x10 (Maybe)
  • @Jabba_the_gut - 27" mini basses, Short scale telebass, whatever else I build by then, TC RS210 combo. Cakes
  • @Oldman -RUACH NT 35” Unlined Fretless Custom, head and cab
  • @NickA Since the last one..  got a second Wal with an extra string and those weird metal things in the fingerboard ( supposed to help you play in tune I think, but cause all kinds of problems ).  So, yes, please. I'll be there;  Couple of Wals and some pjb amps.
  • @Geek99 - POSSIBLE ... Ampeg AMP, bass-doc built relic P, homemade jazz with geddy lee pups, zoom b2.1
  • @bnt - TENTATIVE - Harley Benton MP-4EB Enhanced "Shamberg" w/ EMGs and its own Ryanair seat, tc SpectraDrive.

16 confirmed on this list, plus the few others who have said they want to come but haven't added themselves yet. Should be good. 🤞

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Richard R said:
  • @Richard R - Brawley Artemis 4, Brawley Artemis 5,  EBS Session60 amp, something to weigh basses with. + son with his Westfield of some sort. 
  • @Frank Blank - Rob Allen Mouse Fretless, Rob Allen Mouse Fretted, Ibanez SRC6, QSC K12.2, HX Stomp.
  • @Stub Mandrel - Fender Performer, Hohner Jack Custom V, Deathburger (HB kit build), TE 1110 combo?
  • @petecarlton - Mayones Cali4 "Puzzle" Bass: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYAvWZGwc4s&t=13s&ab_channel=BassTheWorld.com
  • @SpondonBassed - Jack.  (That's not short for Jack all, it's just that I can't decide until nearer the time.)
  • @bassmansam - Rickenbacker 4003s, Eppy Thunderbird Vintage Pro and Ashdown ABM 500 2x10 combo
  • @jebroad - Not-fender jazz (maybe), squire silver series jazz, old Kay SC, Dingwall combustion, Ashdown 8x10 (Maybe)
  • @Jabba_the_gut - 27" mini basses, Short scale telebass, whatever else I build by then, TC RS210 combo. Cakes
  • @NickA Since the last one..  got a second Wal with an extra string and those weird metal things in the fingerboard ( supposed to help you play in tune I think, but cause all kinds of problems ).  So, yes, please. I'll be there;  Couple of Wals and some pjb amps.
  • @Geek99 - POSSIBLE ... Ampeg AMP, bass-doc built relic P, homemade jazz with geddy lee pups, zoom b2.1
  • @bnt - TENTATIVE - Harley Benton MP-4EB Enhanced "Shamberg" w/ EMGs and its own Ryanair seat, tc SpectraDrive.
  • @Andyjr1515 Not sure what I'm bringing yet but probably will include 'Kert's' Single Cut Camphor incorporating @mhoss32's exciting new electronics :)  And maybe Pete's Piccolo too... 

Edited by Andyjr1515
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

+1

It’s like they’re speaking some weird language that’s a bit like English such that you can pick out an occasional word that you recognise then they’re adding in some words that they just made up simply to throw the reader off the scent and keep their arcane intentions secret.

A bit like Law, or Programming 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Geek99 said:

WTF does “glam ping at a star party” actually mean ? 🤔

53 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

+1

47 minutes ago, Geek99 said:

A bit like Law, or Programming 

I believe he’s staying in a posh tent with other astrophotographers.

• Thanks 3

50 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

I believe he’s staying in a posh tent with other astrophotographers.

I've never thought about it much but I always presumed that one of the nice things about taking photos of the stars would be the quietness at night and being alone staring up at the infinite.... not a posh party where everyone happens to have a big camera pointing upwards. But you learn something new every day! 

16 hours ago, Richard R said:

My lad Dave wants to come along, he'll bring his bass. Might get a couple of other hangers-on as well to make up a car-load. ( @nickmew? )

• @Machines - Sire M5 / Yamaha RBXJM2 / GenzBenz Neo Pak / EICH112XS

16 confirmed on this list, plus the few others who have said they want to come but haven't added themselves yet. Should be good. 🤞

Count me in.

Dean edge pro 5 bass

Ibanez sr505 bass

little mark III amp

ashdown ABM 115 cab

10 hours ago, LukeFRC said:

I've never thought about it much but I always presumed that one of the nice things about taking photos of the stars would be the quietness at night and being alone staring up at the infinite.... not a posh party where everyone happens to have a big camera pointing upwards. But you learn something new every day! 

If you are in the dark for six hours while your gear does all the interesting stuff on its own with minimal intervention, it's much more enjoyable with a mate to chat to.

When imaging at home I spend most of the time on forums or what'sapp.

Plus, a star party is essentially the same as a bass bash -  a chance to share your interest with like-minded folks face to face.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, zbd1960 said:

I want to come to this - not sure it's worth me bringing any kit though?

You'll be welcome with or without :)

And, based on your avatar, we can talk saxophones if we get bored of the basses (but don't tell any of the others I said that.  Oh...wait a minute...).

:D

• Haha 2

• @Richard R - Brawley Artemis 4, Brawley Artemis 5,  EBS Session60 amp, something to weigh basses with. + son with his Westfield of some sort. 
  • @bassmansam - Rickenbacker 4003s, Eppy Thunderbird Vintage Pro and Ashdown ABM 500 2x10 combo
  • @jebroad - Not-fender jazz (maybe), squire silver series jazz, old Kay SC, Dingwall combustion, Ashdown 8x10 (Maybe)
  • @bnt - TENTATIVE - Harley Benton MP-4EB Enhanced "Shamberg" w/ EMGs and its own Ryanair seat, tc SpectraDrive.
  • @Andyjr1515 Not sure what I'm bringing yet but probably will include 'Kert's' Single Cut Camphor incorporating @mhoss32's exciting new electronics :)  And maybe Pete's Piccolo too... 
  • @Sarah5string Count me in. Dean edge pro 5 bass, Ibanez sr505 bass, little mark III amp, ashdown ABM 115 cab
  • @verb Warwick Corvette and a TE Series 6 amp.