Why become a member? ×

Can anyone near Swindon help a soul band out?

super al

I know I'm probably going to get told off, this should be in 'bassists wanted' but time is of the essence!

My band has a gig in Swindon this Saturday (18th) and I can't make it. Deps are proving hard to come by and I've asked everyone I know. 

Would any of you guys local to Swindon be willing to step in? 

We play soul music, Otis, Stevie Wonder, Al Green, Jackie Wilson, Sam n Dave.

It's not a big paying gig

There'll be no rehearsal

Most tunes are in original key but occasionally there's a key change

If anyone is up for the challenge I will be forever grateful. PM me if you can make it and put in a good shift for pocket money. The rest of the band don't want to cancel the gig but it's looking likely at the moment

Thanks

Oh dear - pity you're not a bit closer to Chichester - I'd be right up and ready for that!  But that's a two hour run each way from here.

Best of luck - don't cancel the gig - I'm sure you'll find someone, there's some good people on this forum.

Of course you could try Facebook, maybe the group MUSICIANS AVAILABLE - WANTED - SOUTHERN UK.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Jakester said:

Would love to but I think I’d need a bit more time, practice and ability! 

Good luck with it!

Yeah, took me about 2 months to learn 30ish songs for my 1st depping job with this band (I'm not the quickest learner or a reader!)

6 minutes ago, musicbassman said:

Oh dear - pity you're not a bit closer to Chichester - I'd be right up and ready for that!  But that's a two hour run each way from here.

Best of luck - don't cancel the gig - I'm sure you'll find someone, there's some good people on this forum.

Of course you could try Facebook, maybe the group MUSICIANS AVAILABLE - WANTED - SOUTHERN UK.

Thanks, I know it's a tall order wrapped in a long shot...thought I'd try here as I know the bestest, nicest and most talented bassists frequent BC 😊

Cheers for the tip, will try on FB too!

12 hours ago, stewblack said:

I've had a gig cancelled. I'm regularly in Swindon and always up for a challenge. Pm me 

Thanks Stew, you're a star for volunteering.

The old guitarist is filling in on guitar now and the new guitarist is the old bassist so jobs a good 'un.

Thanks to BCers for their help. Love this forum 😍