Why become a member? ×

bass pdf plans?

Angel

Is there a resource anywhere for bass plans - postscript pdf rather than image files?

I'm looking to make a bass at some point. I'm sure that I had a site bookmarked with a lot of fender stuff, but I can't seem to find it now.

F-word stuff? Isn't that done too many times already? I am after something else but it is true that there are few good fenderish instruments, like Limelight and Sadowsky. But to do another one, I think there is space for something completely different made in the best possible taste (like Kenny Everett).

I have three custom made basses. All were sketched with pen and paper. I love the results.

Edited by itu

I'm (probably) not going to make a Fender copy, but I've made 5 guitars and I like to start with a pdf plan that I can then edit to get it the way I want. It can look radically different but still have the basic geometry of a bass that one likes.

Having said that, nothing wrong with making a Fender-like, or any other copy if that is what one wants to do