Why become a member? ×

London Borderline to close down :-(

cetera

Darn, great venue, I remember when we played there we were delighted to have tea and coffee in our dressing room. 

Didnt have a kettle though, had to negotiate with the band in the next room that did have, but who were missing tea/coffee.

Sad news.. 😢

A fave London venue of mine back in the day. 

Unfortunately, this is the pattern all over the country now with well-known and not so well-known venues closing down with nothing decent in the way of music venues to replace them. 

It's an absolute scandal really and so, so short sighted...

Especially when you think of all the money generated in the UK economy over the years by successful acts - from the Beatles to the Stones and hundreds of others - who would most likely have got their start in venues like The Borderline. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Aye  it is indeed a huge shame. When I lived in London in the 90s I went there often. Always a cracking night out.  Bloody landlords  / property investors and their exorbitant rents are actually doing more to destroy both the High Street and the night time economy than other factors.

Guest subaudio

Sad news on indeed, played there a good few times and nearly blew the P.A. up once with my NSCR5 in a balad I used it in, not quite sure how but it came in about 6 times louder than my bass, I set my onstage level at parity with the bass but FOH was devastatingly loud, it made the whole room shake.

It's starting to feel like the powers that be want to destroy the music industry.

No royalties, no venues, no nothing.