Why become a member? ×

Help identifying Warwick Rockbass

classamin

Evening/morning all (depending upon what time you read this).

I have been offered a Rockbass Streamer. It's a model I haven't seen before, and from what I can tell it's an earlier model (one piece high-mass style bridge, "Rockbass" logo on headstock with the warwick logo on the truss rod cover instead of the "W" logo on the headstock. It's a single MEC pickup, with 2x controls (volume and tone, I'd assume) and a strat type input jack on the front. Translucent red finish. Guy knows absolutely nothing about basses, and said it's been lying for quite some time in the back of a wardrobe. Any idea what these were worth when they first came out, and what a reasonable offer would be for one? 

Cheers in advance! 

Michael

received_421323655313413.jpeg

received_2018619501778888.jpeg

Rockbass Steamer Standard is the model, long discontinued in this config. 140 is about right, although 100 would not be cheating the seller imo..... well, they just do not resell easily.

Carolina body, whichis some sort of pine.

Edited by HazBeen
  • Thanks 1

I have this exact bass in the same colour. One of the first ones built in mid 2002. Great bass with a very playable neck, with a really funky, middy tone. The pickup has a very low output though. It's very well built and finished with an extremely stable neck.

On 12/05/2019 at 06:16, BreadBin said:

They're not worth loads, I sold a very tidy black one on eBay a while ago for £140. It should have a push/pull coil tap switch on the tone pot.

Thanks for the price guide dude! I've always been weirdly intrigued by these, it's just good timing that one should show up now!

• Like 1

On 12/05/2019 at 17:13, 40hz said:

I have this exact bass in the same colour. One of the first ones built in mid 2002. Great bass with a very playable neck, with a really funky, middy tone. The pickup has a very low output though. It's very well built and finished with an extremely stable neck.

Thanks man! I'm due to try this out at next band practice so will see what happens from there on. How would you rate these as value for money against their peers?