Why become a member? ×

NBD... Thunder 1-A, baby

Rich

That's what I've been using. To try to clarify things, I did a version of it for myself:

915058898_WestoneThunder1ABasswiring2.thumb.jpg.9ca628e0d53fabca12420390af71d586.jpg

If anyone knows of a schematic diagram for the actual circuit on the PCB, I'd love to get hold of one.

In its current format with the EMG circuit, I've kept both switches in place to avoid an unsightly hole; the dual tone switch works as before and sounds great, and I've just made the active on/off into a simple kill switch for the moment.

Edited by Rich
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Marc S said:

Re the refinishing - I think I'd be tempted to to do an expensive refin job, unless you're adept at it yourself and it isn't going to cost a fortune.
I always liked the colour of these, and the appearance of the contrasting bands of wood - looks fab to me.
Perhaps as you say, best to seal the cracks in the finish, so it doesn't get any worse

If I thought I could get the existing finish repaired or a refinish in the same colours without breaking the bank, I'd definitely do it. It's an utterly gorgeous colour.

23 hours ago, Marc S said:

EDIT: The only problem with my Thunder Jet, was the bridge saddle screws protruded outwards quite a bit - and as I played punky style, with plectrum and hand back right at the bridge, I ended up with cuts on the side of my hand. Nowadays, I'd just use a dremmel to shorten the screws - or buy slightly shorter alternatives

Yes! I found this last night, after playing for a while it got really uncomfortable. It's definitely Dremel time.

• Like 1