Why become a member? ×

New Bass Day.... maybe... gulp!

fretmeister

1 hour ago, TheGreek said:

OP knows that the hard case does what it's meant to...

Not that I condone sending a bass like this. Sometimes more IS better.

Not to mention that if an insurance payout was needed a case and a box is often demanded by the courier.

Not that this was sent with any insurance - Royal Mail 48 service. £100 cover loss and damage only!

Still - I've had a play on my lunch break and it sounds good and seems well set up. I think the strings are 45-105 which are a bit heavy for me as I use 40s so I've ordered some.

The bass is immaculate - hardly looks played at all.

8 hours ago, Hobbayne said:

Blimey! Who would post a guitar like that? 😡

Nice though, bit of a Dee Dee, Sid vicious vibe to it. 👍

I had an Ibanez posted to me in just a hard case, no tape or wrap, when it got to me there was one catch holding it closed!

Nice bass, I recently sold one in that colour scheme, didn’t want to but I didn’t (and wasn’t going to) use it in my band. Am still regretting letting it go even though it was the sensible thing to do.

15 hours ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

I've had a bass posted to me wrapped in bin bags before...

15 hours ago, Bigwan said:

Me too... only time I've ever posted negative feedback here...

Bin Bags are fine as long as the bass is cased, bubble wrapped, then bin bagged.

I bought a Stingray from here years ago which was delivered in its case, with no box and no cling film, either. There was just a single wrap of brown packing tape and the unlocked latches keeping the bass in as it rattled around the hold of the plane and back of the van.

On 10/05/2019 at 20:46, Lozz196 said:

Nice bass, I recently sold one in that colour scheme, didn’t want to but I didn’t (and wasn’t going to) use it in my band. Am still regretting letting it go even though it was the sensible thing to do.

I think that many of us can relate to this.

• Like 1

I bought a bass on BC some years back, just had the address stuck on the hardcase....it made it! 

Bought one on ebay as a flipper....guy sent it in a gig bag covered in brown wrapping paper, which had all split. Miracle upon miracles......it was intact and blemish free! 

Edited by spongebob