Why become a member? ×

Is this the weakest line up ever for Glastonbury?

3 hours ago, MacDaddy said:

To be honest I was quite surprised by her cover of Head Like A Hole on Black Mirror. The actual cover, not the reworked pop version, at the end of the episode.

Also the little snippets she did of Right Where It Belongs were pretty good too.

And I say these things as a massive NIN fan...

not seen the Glasto stuff though

Edited by bartelby

4 hours ago, bartelby said:

To be honest I was quite surprised by her cover of Head Like A Hole on Black Mirror. The actual cover, not the reworked pop version, at the end of the episode.

My daughter tried to explain how that was really deep and worked at multiple levels as both a metaphor for Black Mirror as a series and for the whole episode.

Over my head, unfortunately...

just scanning through the entire stages list https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/glastonbury-festival-line-up-schedule-2938328 - cant believe tank and the bangas were only on one of the very minor stages - possibly one of the tightest bands there and with the exception possibly of the legendary mavis staples tarriona tank the best voice at glasto this year

nice little stint to for some local medway delta talent in the shape of funke and the two tone baby on the bimble inn stage - if you never heard of him check this its great fun

Edited by steve-bbb

15 hours ago, steve-bbb said:

just scanning through the entire stages list https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/glastonbury-festival-line-up-schedule-2938328 - cant believe tank and the bangas were only on one of the very minor stages - possibly one of the tightest bands there and with the exception possibly of the legendary mavis staples tarriona tank the best voice at glasto this year

nice little stint to for some local medway delta talent in the shape of funke and the two tone baby on the bimble inn stage - if you never heard of him check this its great fun

Tank & The Bangas on my "to see" list for Love Supreme this Saturday....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎05‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 10:58, mangotango said:

Yes SIR!! B|

Ermmm…..never quite got round to this, did I?

Well....they started with just the band playing a prog-rock style piece in 7, then Tank walked on wearing what looked like an emerald green shower curtain (and cape), and provided some tuneless vocals over a flat r & b track. This followed by two doses of formulaic hip-hop, turned out to be more than enough for me and my mates and we went in search of more interesting stuff.  In a wide variety of performances, they were the only act we walked away from all day. Remarkably disappointing.

I watched the BBC highlights compilation programme and I must say I found the whole thing pretty entertaining and enjoyable. Some great bits in there. I particularly liked Lizzo singing Juice - and ironically thanking the costume designer for putting her out in that outfit!!

As for Liam, like many artists his voice has changed so his newer stuff is fine, just had to sing the earlier stuff differently - as I say, it happens to most (and John Lennon wasn't immune - sang with effects mostly later owing to his own dissatisfaction with his voice). 

Edited by drTStingray
  • Like 1