Why become a member? ×

Is this the weakest line up ever for Glastonbury?

Just now, dave_bass5 said:

Thats a blessing lol. 

A lot of my mates were in to them first time around, but i didnt get it. Now I’m ready to give them another listen. 

Same! I’ve been on a spotify tour of 80s-90s bands that I just didn’t get.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daz39 said:

Same! I’ve been on a spotify tour of 80s-90s bands that I just didn’t get.

I felt the same about the Dammed until i saw them last year. Blew me away how heavy they are live. Best mix of the night (supporting the Darkenss and Hollywood Vampires). 

• Like 1

Always loved the Cure's recorded work but have never been that taken with them live but I am enjoying tonight's set and it is nice to be able to hear the bassist, as I might have mentioned once or twice on here I really don't get Thunderbird basses at all but I have to admit is sounds really nice in this context

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

Nope, cant stand A Forest, where’s the remote?  Thats me out. I have bad memories of having to play this in my first band, 15mins + version. 

Why are you even watching then? It's a Cure classic, of course they are going to play it. Band isn't there to tailor to your needs, even though by the sound of it, you don't even like the band? 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

Nope, cant stand A Forest, where’s the remote?  Thats me out. I have bad memories of having to play this in my first band, 15mins + version. 

F##K Robert Palmer and F##k Rock n Roll... 

Was that You! Wow....

14 minutes ago, Jazzmaster62 said:

Why are you even watching then? It's a Cure classic, of course they are going to play it. Band isn't there to tailor to your needs, even though by the sound of it, you don't even like the band? 

Christ oh mighty, really? Are you serious? Do I expect a band on TV to  tailor  their set for me lol. 

Ive been very complimentary about them, and ive  said i never liked them in the past, so there is no ‘by the sound of it’, and ive posted WHY I don’t like this song. 

I guess you are one of those that jump in with insults without reading a thread. 

Now go away and leave me alone. 

Edited by dave_bass5
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, taunton-hobbit said:

Caught some of Sheryl Crow - fabulous, professional, 57, says it all......dipped into bits of the rest, landed up watching a progam about Victorian Sewers, which was slightly more entertaining.....

😎

Just been watching some of Glasto on catch up and was wowed by Sheryl Crow. Amazing band with guitar tones to die for, and the bass sounded wonderful as well. ( Might have to check out some Reverend basses. ) Ms Crow was fantastic, note perfect and full of energy, and even played bass ( Guild M-85) on one tune too. Wish I’d caught her on recent Uk tour.

Saw a bit of Kylie earlier - okay, band great especially the bassist. Mylie Cyrus was better, with Mark Ronson guesting.