Why become a member? ×

Laser etched image onto a neck plate - UK supplier?

Big_Stu

Hi,

I've been and gone and lost a link to a UK supplier who can laser etch an image of your choice onto a Fender style neck plate.

I remember he was a bit cheaper if you supplied your own neckplate; which I'll have to do as mine isn't a standard sized Fender plate.

Does this sound familiar to anyone, I've got artwork ready to go and I'm itching to get the project finished.

Thanks in advance.

On 09/05/2019 at 21:09, Horizontalste said:

This probably doesn't help you but there's a guy near me who had a market stall doing shoe repairs/key cutting & the like, he has a CNC machine & will do anything!

Might be worth a trip to your local markets!

Well it did help, so thanks!! There's no market with that facility near me but your post made me think of Timpsons the shoe repairer. They sell Zippo lighters and dog tags that you can have pictures etched on to. So I asked the question; and the man from Timpson he say Yes!!

They need two separate artwork files, one for the text, one for the graphic & I'll be giving it a go later this week.

Many thanks!!!

• Like 1

Sadly the man from Timpson changed his mind when I took it in. He phoned their imaging centre and they said they only did stock items. Doing custom parts would be too much admin.

However, after trying as many keywords as I could think of I've traced the original website that I'd seen.

I've sent off my artwork & am currently waiting to see if they can do it.

http://www.tcslaser.co.uk/g&bparts.html

• 3 weeks later...

Result!!!!

Apologies for the delay, my other half has been seriously ill for a while, so this project had been put onto the back burner. 

The neckplate was delivered earlier today and I am beyond happy with it. I've struggled to get a picture that does it justice. The plate I supplied had a high gloss chrome finish, and the etching has made the image a very matt black which contrasts perfectly.  The best bit is that the maker is our very own Basschat @bertbass.

I really can't stress how excellent this work is, so pleased with it. Buy with confidence if you're going to get one. The next step we're going to try is imaging onto a scratchplate, so hopefully other possibilities will emerge.

Next step is the custom headstock decal which I've ordered from the link recommended on the original post.

Alvin_neckplate.png

• Like 1

In similar news, I bought one of those custom 'faux Fender' etched plates for my flip-paint Fender when I upgraded it. I've been thoroughly impressed with the neck plate and it always gets a smile when I show people so I am absolutely sure you'll get the same nods of appreciation with yours Big Stu!

*Edit the seller appears to have disappeared from eBay.