Why become a member? ×

Fender Jag body refinish

Cuzzie

Oh cool!

My brother is a lucky little chicken then!

Small hiatus whilst work gets in the way and I picked up a Nikki Sixx Thunderbird body to repair but oiling the neck and just need to get scratch plate and electronics sorted

• 2 months later...

We approach completion, awaiting the Noll electronics stacked Vol/Vol knob - tonestyler Duo6 for the tone knob is in.

No electronics in the normal Jag places, they are dummy plates.

Once the stacked knob is in, its popping it all together!

4893945B-30BE-4B14-9B32-2FE8D48BEE51.thumb.jpeg.aab66bae45ea31d8e9e8cc52318d4047.jpegF709F17E-E057-4E46-A3DF-0BA0F3832534.thumb.jpeg.46bcdf1bf81844320834c1d039f8123a.jpeg

• Like 3

For anyone’s info

The company used to be called Hilimire now known as firestone.

Based in the US, but I have had a couple necks from them and they are really nice - absolute glove fit for Fender bodies, use some interesting woods, frets are a little sharp (they state they do not dress them) but that’s easy to fix. And not finished wax/lacquer wise

Got both mine off eBay for under £100 - we’ll worth it

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Cuzzie said:

For anyone’s info

The company used to be called Hilimire now known as firestone.

Based in the US, but I have had a couple necks from them and they are really nice - absolute glove fit for Fender bodies, use some interesting woods, frets are a little sharp (they state they do not dress them) but that’s easy to fix. And not finished wax/lacquer wise

Got both mine off eBay for under £100 - we’ll worth it

You got a good deal I was looking and the cheapest one I could find was £85 + p&p 

I really like the Wenge and Padouk neck but they don’t seem to do it as a bass neck and it’s well out of my price range 

They’ve changed their name to Freestone Guitars but are still selling under Hilimire guitars on eBay..........😀

Edited by Jimothey
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Crisis averted, i’d Popped wires onto the input lug instead of the output, and the same with the tonestyler.

In my usual quirky style the stacked knobs have the bridge as the top knob and neck as the bottom vol knob, and I am not changing as the cavity is wire tight!!

All fixed, just the action to get right, sounds very very beefy - be sad to see it go!