Why become a member? ×

Mods: Could Bass For Sale threads be separated into 4 and 5+ strings?

Bass Culture

Just dipped into this thread again and find I can't avoid the feeling that there is little popular support amongst the proletariat for my suggestion!  Well that's it with me and changing the World - you try to make people's lives better and this is what you get....:)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FinnDave said:

OK, then how about basses with narrow nuts and those with wider ones?

😎

Absolutely. I've lost count of the times I've seen an FS ad for a gorgeous bass, only to click it to find out it's got a narrow nut.

As you can imagine, the level of disappointment is crushing.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

Absolutely. I've lost count of the times I've seen an FS ad for a gorgeous bass, only to click it to find out it's got a narrow nut.

As you can imagine, the level of disappointment is crushing.

Nothing worse than having your expectations about nuts being crushed!

(sorry about the level of trivia, being driven slowly mad trying to get 50+ songs into my head for a three night run in Germany next week)

• Haha 1

I hope BC guys play bass better than they put an advert together. Far too many sellers, it seems, need to be coaxed about location, weight, age and to add pictures, that something equally as useful as number of strings and meaningful tags, will certainly be way beyond their comprehension.

Anyway, in the world of online bass retail, most sales outlets differentiate between many useful features and one of them is number of strings. Talkbass, Reverb, Bass Gallery, Bass Direct to name a few, so it's a valid request for the feature to be added to Basschat.

IMO it would be a useful if the BC software could coach us through a list of specific tags before an ad could go live. I'm not holding my breath!!

On 23/05/2019 at 10:45, chris_b said:

Far too many sellers, it seems, need to be coaxed about location, weight, age

To save putting it in every ad, I'm N. London, 6' 0", and ~160lbs. However, I'm not dating, so not sure why you want to know this when buying an item off me... 😜 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• 4 weeks later...
On 09/05/2019 at 10:43, Stylon Pilson said:

I don't think that the forum necessarily needs to be split, but I think that there should be more enforced use of the existing tagging system. If every single post had to either have a "4 string", "5 string", "6 string" etc tag before it could be submitted, then it would be very easy to filter to the ones you're interested in. At the moment, the fact that only 10% of posts have any tags at all makes it more or less useless. If there were a new automated rule that all listings had to have at least a certain number of tags (3? 5?) then it would be so much more useful.

S.P.

Great idea