Why become a member? ×

The most irritating bass (or guitar) You Tuber

12 hours ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

I absolutely love Leo Moracchioli.

I've spent many an evening watching his covers back to back. I actually think he's an extremely talented and knowledgeable musician, to work out, play all the instruments, record, mix and film and edit a fresh cover video every week is pretty clever imo. He also manages not to take himself too seriously which makes him extremely likeable to me. Some of the stuff he does is superb. Although the one above is not a particularly good example. 

I have to say, although he seems well liked on here, Scott Devine's click bait YouTube content irritates the tits off me. Although I'm happy to accept one man's trash is another man's treasure, but I'd genuinely rather listen to the shark video above than his endless jazz waffling. 

Admittedly the guy in the original post is definitely top 3. If not number one. 

He’s a great player and good teacher, but... what’s with the glove ? And this ‘I’m zany me, right mad I am’ persona isn't half tiresome. 

5 minutes ago, Quilly said:

He’s a great player and good teacher, but... what’s with the glove ? And this ‘I’m zany me, right mad I am’ persona isn't half tiresome. 

He wears the glove because he has focal dystonia and the glove helps.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Hobbayne said:

He wears the glove because he has focal dystonia and the glove helps.

I had to look that up , not a good condition if you play bass for a living . I feel bad now 🙁

Edited by Quilly
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, burno70 said:

I was about to post about said rectum. "Lets play Tool with tools". What a %$^ing muppet. Gets loads of hits though. Also, I don't like his face.

I actually tried not to

This jackass is my #2 choice as it happens. That he plays bass has sullied the good name of this fine instrument. OK he can play alright but like the one I posted in my OP he's one of those  fvckw1ts that mistakes being zany/cookie/wacky for having a personality or having a great SoH.  You know, the Colin Hunts of this world...

Edited by Barking Spiders

YouTube has a lot to answer for. It has created this online personality cult that even ordinary people doing ordinary things feel the need to lecture you about their humdrum daily life on Facebook as if they're teaching you ancient Tibetan wisdom, when really they just want you to "like" that they gave a homeless person a quid. One of my mates puts the most tedious crap on Facebook about sanding down his coffee table and we just slay him for it every time. Worse still is LinkedIn with recruiters spouting sanctimonious shite about how they were the only person who gave the unqualified sex offender a job in a toy shop when nobody else would and now he's CEO of Disney, etc. Some are obviously bots, some are spoof accounts, some are just young recruiters trying to create a noticeable online personality for themselves, but it's funny how many have exactly the same story to share about how nice and wholesome they are.

The whole "unboxing" thing baffles me. I don't want to watch some ordinary person unpack a Kenwood blender or whatever, I literally don't give a dog's Richard. My nephews used to watch YouTube videos of adults unboxing toys like transformers and other weird videos of adults playing with kids toys. This is harmful in a minor way, the boys were then just playing out what they had heard on YouTube with their toys instead of using their own imagination. 

Life was better when we lived in relative ignorance and had only daily newspapers, four colour TV channels and taped songs off the radio.

• Like 3

Guest oZZma
4 minutes ago, uk_lefty said:

The whole "unboxing" thing baffles me. 

Oh and there's much worse than this. "Haul" videos for example. Random idiot goes shopping and shows his/her "fans" what he bought. Interesting, isn't it? :laugh1:

8 minutes ago, oZZma said:

Oh and there's much worse than this. "Haul" videos for example. Random idiot goes shopping and shows his/her "fans" what he bought. Interesting, isn't it? :laugh1:

I wish you'd never told me that.

My American mate who tells his whole Facebook "audience" "sanded down this bad boy coffee table today, a hard job but worth it just hope the kids and dogs don't mess it up too quickly" tried to wriggle out of it by saying among his colleagues they all love to share their online restaurant reviews. As if anyone gives a flip.

18 minutes ago, uk_lefty said:

YouTube has a lot to answer for. It has created this online personality cult that even ordinary people doing ordinary things feel the need to lecture you about their humdrum daily life on Facebook as if they're teaching you ancient Tibetan wisdom, when really they just want you to "like" that they gave a homeless person a quid. One of my mates puts the most tedious crap on Facebook about sanding down his coffee table and we just slay him for it every time. Worse still is LinkedIn with recruiters spouting sanctimonious shite about how they were the only person who gave the unqualified sex offender a job in a toy shop when nobody else would and now he's CEO of Disney, etc. Some are obviously bots, some are spoof accounts, some are just young recruiters trying to create a noticeable online personality for themselves, but it's funny how many have exactly the same story to share about how nice and wholesome they are.

The whole "unboxing" thing baffles me. I don't want to watch some ordinary person unpack a Kenwood blender or whatever, I literally don't give a dog's Richard. My nephews used to watch YouTube videos of adults unboxing toys like transformers and other weird videos of adults playing with kids toys. This is harmful in a minor way, the boys were then just playing out what they had heard on YouTube with their toys instead of using their own imagination. 

Life was better when we lived in relative ignorance and had only daily newspapers, four colour TV channels and taped songs off the radio.

I have an unbridled loathing of social media even though I have accounts with Linkedin, Twitter and Facebook though I hardly ever look at them. What gets me is this notion that if you're not social media savvy then you're some socially dysfunctional luddite. What's particularly insidious about YT is that it's brainwashed a generation of kids into thinking that being a You Tuber is a career. They've seen e.g. how young women giving make-up tips to teens has gained them millions of followers and the advertisers have honed in on this and made them stinking rich and celebrities to boot. When my youngest left year 6 her school published a hand-out which gave little bios on the leavers and what they plan to do with their lives. Of the 30 kids, just 3 or 4 had a proper job in mind. Of the rest, around 8 wanted to be You Tubers while many of the  others saying they wanted to be celebrities of some sort/on the TV. None of them even wanted to be an astronaut FFS!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Barking Spiders said:

What gets me is this notion that if you're not social media savvy then you're some socially dysfunctional luddite.

Whenever someone asks me if I'm on Facebook or WhatsApp and I say no, they always give me this expression like I've just told them that I want to slurp yoghurt out of their shoes while they're still wearing them.

S.P.

• Haha 4

I used to be an avid Facebooker, now I utterly loathe it. The thing that really annoys me is it's potentially such a great tool, especially for someone like me, living overseas, to keep in touch with family and friends. But there just came a turning point where the dross far outweighed the usefulness. YouTube is becoming the same, it's an absolutely fantastic tool for learning how to do pretty much anything, but the bedroom superstars get right on my tits. Luckily they're still pretty avoidable of you don't click on them. What I find even more annoying about YouTube now is the bloody adds that pop up right in the middle of whatever you're watching with no regard for timing. Don't get me wrong, I understand the need for these platforms to make money, but what was wrong with having an add at the beginning or the end of the content without shoehorning one right in the middle while you're watching a pretty important video on how to perform a sex change on a gender confused hamster. Poor old Gordon will never forgive me for that one. 

Edited by Newfoundfreedom
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

What I find even more annoying about YouTube now is the bloody adds that pop up right in the middle of whatever you're watching

Adblocker, surely?

I use YouTube a lot and I never see an advert there.

I know Adblocker must really, really annoy Google/YouTube and all other similar media platforms that rely on ads for revenue, but I'd rather pay a small subscription for an entirely ad-free service than have inappropriate and intrusive ads appearing all the time.

1 minute ago, musicbassman said:

Adblocker, surely?

I use YouTube a lot and I never see an advert there.

I know Adblocker must really, really annoy Google/YouTube and all other similar media platforms that rely on ads for revenue, but I'd rather pay a small subscription for an entirely ad-free service than have inappropriate and intrusive ads appearing all the time.

I tried add blocker a couple of years ago ( or something similar ) and I found it stopped a lot of the add based software from working. Maybe it's time to give it another try. 

28 minutes ago, Jus Lukin said:

I've found Adblocker to be good.

It's weird, of all the services which pester us to sign up and pay for the 'full' or 'pro' or whatever version, Youtube doesn't give that option. It's saved me a fortune in going and buying cd's to learn songs over the years, so I'd gladly pay a bit to clear away the ads, make sure royalties go to the appropriate place, and hopefully discourage quite so much piracy and attention grabbing crapola on there.

It useful for many things and I'm sure there is plenty of revenue in advertising, but learning songs on there is technically part of my job. The option to spend that time uninterrupted by salesmen, and to remove some of the shaky morals of receiving intellectual property free of charge would be quite welcome at this end.

YouTube Premium for AdFree viewing is available

Capture.PNG.d48ccc89ba242cc07bcc22db35d38b0a.PNG

Edited by PJ-Bassist
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jus Lukin said:

I've found Adblocker to be good.

It's weird, of all the services which pester us to sign up and pay for the 'full' or 'pro' or whatever version, Youtube doesn't give that option. It's saved me a fortune in going and buying cd's to learn songs over the years, so I'd gladly pay a bit to clear away the ads, make sure royalties go to the appropriate place, and hopefully discourage quite so much piracy and attention grabbing crapola on there.

It useful for many things and I'm sure there is plenty of revenue in advertising, but learning songs on there is technically part of my job. The option to spend that time uninterrupted by salesmen, and to remove some of the shaky morals of receiving intellectual property free of charge would be quite welcome at this end.

But that's exactly what they are doing. Trying to make the adds so intrusive and annoying that everyone will pay for YouTube premium.

2 hours ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

I used to be an avid Facebooker, now I utterly loathe it. The thing that really annoys me is it's potentially such a great tool, especially for someone like me, living overseas, to keep in touch with family and friends. But there just came a turning point where the dross far outweighed the usefulness. YouTube is becoming the same, it's an absolutely fantastic tool for learning how to do pretty much anything, but the bedroom superstars get right on my tits. Luckily they're still pretty avoidable of you don't click on them. What I find even more annoying about YouTube now is the bloody adds that pop up right in the middle of whatever you're watching with no regard for timing. Don't get me wrong, I understand the need for these platforms to make money, but what was wrong with having an add at the beginning or the end of the content without shoehorning one right in the middle while you're watching a pretty important video on how to perform a sex change on a gender confused hamster. Poor old Gordon will never forgive me for that one. 

Note how in all their vids these YT plankspankers are sitting on their beds/armchairs and nary a clip of them actually playing live in a band 😧

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jus Lukin said:

It does here - keeps wanting me to go to YT premium.

Ads are so crap I almost want to pay...

1 minute ago, ribbetingfrog said:

This thread just makes me think of grumpy old men moaning about not understanding the youth of today 😀

And another thing ... just kidding. But seriously I don’t need some patronizing teenager telling me what the difference is between a precision and Jazz is , like he’s some old timer that played with the wrecking crew 🤣

• 1 month later...