Why become a member? ×

The most irritating bass (or guitar) You Tuber

I watch quite a lot of bass, guitar and drum vids on YT. In some cases, the YTers are quite good. In many they're so-so. In some  they're just fooking, downright irritating. Taking the #1 spot is this guitar geek. Sure he can play well but boy does his presenting style grate. Maybe it's me but I can't handle manic. I can't abide manic stand-ups like Michael McIntyre, Lee Evans, Robin Williams and Keith Lemon either. Over to you

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Barking Spiders said:

I can't abide manic stand-ups like Michael McIntyre, Lee Evans, Robin Williams and Keith Lemon either. Over to you

Likewise.

Not even bothering to watch the vid either.

Guest oZZma

Most of them are irritaring but this one wins the trophy.

1 hour ago, Barking Spiders said:

I follow only a couple of channels. Adam Neely is ok. I enjoy his videos, I find them useful, not stupid nor boring. Also, Kmac2021 is funny :)

Edited by oZZma

40 minutes ago, Skybone said:

They're all annoying.

This is also my experience. I find these kind of videos excruciating. Few can resist injecting “wacky personality turned up to eleven” and a minimum of 70% of the video is yapping not playing. Horrible.

Guest oZZma
16 hours ago, dannybuoy said:

Never seen this particular twunt before, but judging by his view/subscriber count, he probably earns more than most of us from his 'talents'.

Bl***y clickbait, I hate it.

Aaaarrrgghhhh!!! – I RUINED my $300,000  1954 Precision with this one simple mistake!

How to play your best bass lines ever with this cheap kitchen gadget !!!

Top Ten bass mistakes that even the Pros make !!!

Unboxing my new 17 string bass ??  Whoops !!

Learn this one simple bass fingering pattern to make sure you get the chicks at every gig !!!!

I play my bass with my massive spanner!!   You won't believe this!! Watch what happens !!!

etc, etc.....  😨

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Jus Lukin said:

Youtube is a very useful resource, but there is an irritating culture which has grown within it.

It's exactly the same thing that has happened to the majority of online journalism in general. If you want to make enough money to survive, you need to maximise your advertising revenue, and to do that you need clickbait headlines, wacky thumbnails, and a hyperactive personality that suggests that what's going on right now is the craziest thing in the world and how could you dare even countenance the suggestion of getting bored of this video and going off to watch something else instead.

It's true that there are youtubers who resist this. But most of them struggle, because at its core, YouTube (and online journalism) is now competitive. You're competing for attention. You're competing for advertisers.

S.P.

15 hours ago, PJ-Bassist said:

Leo Moracchioli and his metal covers

I absolutely love Leo Moracchioli.

I've spent many an evening watching his covers back to back. I actually think he's an extremely talented and knowledgeable musician, to work out, play all the instruments, record, mix and film and edit a fresh cover video every week is pretty clever imo. He also manages not to take himself too seriously which makes him extremely likeable to me. Some of the stuff he does is superb. Although the one above is not a particularly good example. 

I have to say, although he seems well liked on here, Scott Devine's click bait YouTube content irritates the tits off me. Although I'm happy to accept one man's trash is another man's treasure, but I'd genuinely rather listen to the shark video above than his endless jazz waffling. 

Admittedly the guy in the original post is definitely top 3. If not number one. 

Edited by Newfoundfreedom
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

This rectum:

Also, yeah, clickbaity titles... One of my subscription channels posted a video a while back explaining how youtube had changed their algorithms so basically if you didn't have "NUCLEAR EXPLOSION FAIL LOL" urls, the chances of you getting views is like, none...

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I get fed up to the back teeth now with youtubers who think that not only are they personality TV presenters, but also owners of TV stations. Hence every bloomin video has to have a minute long opening credit sequence just before you start the bloomin thing. On the back of YouTube enforced adverts you can now be a minute in without seeing anything, but being blasted with needless credits and adverts.

Edited by la bam
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Barking Spiders said:

I watch quite a lot of bass, guitar and drum vids on YT. In some cases, the YTers are quite good. In many they're so-so. In some  they're just fooking, downright irritating. Taking the #1 spot is this guitar geek. Sure he can play well but boy does his presenting style grate. Maybe it's me but I can't handle manic. I can't abide manic stand-ups like Michael McIntyre, Lee Evans, Robin Williams and Keith Lemon either. Over to you

What a c*ck this guy is.Im sure his nan loves him.

Edited by bubinga5

On ‎09‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 12:10, operative451 said:

This rectum:

Also, yeah, clickbaity titles... One of my subscription channels posted a video a while back explaining how youtube had changed their algorithms so basically if you didn't have "NUCLEAR EXPLOSION FAIL LOL" urls, the chances of you getting views is like, none...

I was about to post about said rectum. "Lets play Tool with tools". What a %$^ing muppet. Gets loads of hits though. Also, I don't like his face.

Edited by burno70
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

You Tube has a lot more to answer for than any of these.

The ones I really cannot stand are ‘reaction videos’. I’m not sure who’s dumber, the people that make them, or the people that watch them. Probably the latter.

I do not give a flying rat’s donkey about watching your reaction to a classic song for the first time. Go and boil your head 😡

P.S. I did try with the video in the original post. I think I made the two minute mark. Just. Twonk.

I discovered these by accident quite recently and it was a proper "What the actual f#@k" moment. First of all I honestly can't believe that anyone is so narcissistic that they film themselves listening to a song and think anyone gives a flying rats donkey what their (usually staged) reaction is. Secondly why would anyone on the planet actually be interesting in watching it. Well, other than me obviously, but that was just because I had to watch two or three just to get my head around what was (or rather wasn't) going on. I mean Jesus H Mary mother of Santa. Is that really what passes for entertainment these days? 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Barking Spiders said:

Couldn't even watch it just that ridiculous nerdy look and pose was enough to think what a prick

Blatant self-plug (ooer):  We did spoof the whole 'react/watch me playing a video game/deliberate clickbaity title' thing on our 100th video craptacular:

which so far has had 27 views.. Oh well.. :D We had fun making it! I think the best bit is the song at the end actually...

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, operative451 said:

Blatant self-plug (ooer):  We did spoof the whole 'react/watch me playing a video game/deliberate clickbaity title' thing on our 100th video craptacular:

which so far has had 27 views.. Oh well.. :D We had fun making it! I think the best bit is the song at the end actually...

Do we need to now add Operative451 to this list ;)

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Barking Spiders said:

I watch quite a lot of bass, guitar and drum vids on YT. In some cases, the YTers are quite good. In many they're so-so. In some  they're just fooking, downright irritating. Taking the #1 spot is this guitar geek. Sure he can play well but boy does his presenting style grate. Maybe it's me but I can't handle manic. I can't abide manic stand-ups like Michael McIntyre, Lee Evans, Robin Williams and Keith Lemon either. Over to yo

12 seconds. I tried. But Christ on a bike, that voice...I couldn't even get past him talking about the video game that was sponsoring him.

6 hours ago, musicbassman said:

Bl***y clickbait, I hate it.

Aaaarrrgghhhh!!! – I RUINED my $300,000  1954 Precision with this one simple mistake!

How to play your best bass lines ever with this cheap kitchen gadget !!!

Top Ten bass mistakes that even the Pros make !!!

Unboxing my new 17 string bass ??  Whoops !!

Learn this one simple bass fingering pattern to make sure you get the chicks at every gig !!!!

I play my bass with my massive spanner!!   You won't believe this!! Watch what happens !!!

etc, etc.....  😨

Of couyrs real bass players woudl never stoop to such gimmicks...

I tape sticks to my fingers and hit the strings with them ... and people pay me to do it!

I sewed soft toys all over my trousers to distract from my playing.

Watch me play bass and vomit fake blood at the same time.

My bass is a flamethrower.