Why become a member? ×

MPU 5 string headless - Sold
£750

Owen

I am a bass tart. I will go with any pretty bass. There, I said it. I saw this and I had to try it. It was made in Finland by a guy who seems to build one off basses when he fancies it. It has a Carbon fibre neck, some lovely, lovely wood on the body, a Wal-alike pickup, an ACG/East filter preamp and a Piezo bridge. It is very light and is someone's bass for life. I wanted it to be mine but it was not to be. Buying it has just confirmed for me that I like 33" scale basses with two magnetic pickups. I could route this for another pickup. If I was monumentaly stupid. So I wont. There is nothing wrong with it. It is just not my flavour. I went to the bassbash last weekend and tried a gazillion basses and just came to the conclusion that for now 33" and 2 magnetic pickups is where it is at for me so no matter how much I want to posses this bass I will always pick other ones up first. I cannot keep things just cos they are nice. 

Price is firm and fully insured shipping will be added. I do not NEED to sell it so will enjoy it while it is here. I am not open to offers or trades. You will never see another of these. Mr MPU never seems to repeat himself. If this combination of spec floats your boat then this will REALLY float your boat. It is lovely, lovely, lovely.

20190507_215247.jpg

20190507_215239.jpg

20190507_215219.jpg

20190507_215319.jpg

Edited by owen
  • Like 6

Stupendously lovely bass, stupendously lovely seller. I’d never heard of MPU and now I need one. Looks to be a fab price for such hand-built quality (and a filter circuit)

• Haha 1

Hi!

I know Marko (MPU) personally, He's great guy and fantastic builder! He doesnt want to build instruments as living so everything he does is something new! He has build me three basses over the years, all of them top notch. I can highly recommend his basses :)

It is a 35" scale, it has a fully adjustable truss rod. If it had a "big name" on the headstock (I know!) then it would be twice the price and you would still be very happy with your purchase. I could plumb another pickup in there but my days of extreme messing are well over. I will measure spacing tonight but at a guess 18mm. Did I mention it was very light?

The B is just like the rest of the strings. In a good way.

I am more than happy to ship anywhere at your cost. 

Marko, if you are reading this, you make an exceptionally fine instrument.

Every time I look at it I want to kèep it but possession for possession's sake is not very healthy. 

Edited by owen
because he cannot spell :(

3 hours ago, Richard R said:

Was this the one I played at the bass bash?  Lovely indeed! 
Alas I'm not allowed more than one bass, and it's not reasonable to upgrade until I can play properly anyway 😞

It is that one.

23 minutes ago, kusee pee said:

Great looking bass.  Where are you based? 

I am in North Wales.