Why become a member? ×

**SOLD** Washburn AB10 semi-acoustic bass
£275

grahamd

Bought this with the intention to defret it as the piezo and Equis preamp are excellent plus XLR and jack for recording. Incoming Godin A4 means I’m moving it on. 

Very cool looking bass in great condition, price includes postage in the UK in fitted Black Rat hard case, also in great nick

• On-Board Electronics with 4 Band EQ

The Washburn AB10 electro-acoustic bass comes fitted with an on-board Equis Crystal active preamp. A high-quality preamp with very low noise making the AB-10 a great acoustic bass for studio recording as well as a live performance bass.

In addition to the standard jack socket, the AB-10 electro-acoustic bass also features a balanced XLR out so you’ve got more options when connecting to a mixer or audio interface. A piezo bridge pickup is used for precise reproduction of your playing.

Integrated 4-band EQ allows you to adjust your tone until you find exactly the sound you want. You can also control volume and phase for added customisability over your output.

Great Build

For comfort during playing and easy transport, the Washburn AB-10 has a slim, shallow body yet still produces lovely, deep bass frequencies.

The AB10’s top is made of spruce while the back and sides are mahogany with quarter sawn, scalloped sitka spruce bracing.

The body features a cutaway design to make accessing the higher frets easier; great for solos, lead-bass playing and more melodious bass runs.

The 34” scale neck is made of mahogany with a rosewood fretboard holding 23 frets. A 40mm ABS nut, rosewood bridge and Grover Exclusive tuners complete the hardware.

Serious Bass Performance at a Great Price

If you want people to know you’re serious about your amplified acoustic bass tone, you’ll play Washburn.

An extremely playable, thin-bodied, cutaway favourite with Washburn’s own Equis Crystal preamp offering professional bass tone that won’t break the bank.

•  
  • Thin bodied acoustic bass
  • Florentine cutaway style
  • Select spruce top
  • Mahogany back, sides and neck
  • 40mm ABS nut
  • Rosewood fingerboard
  • Rosewood bridge
  • Piezo bridge pickup
  • Equis Crystal active preamp
  • Volume, phase and 4-band EQ controls
  • Jack and balanced XLR outputs
  • Chrome die cast Grover Exclusive tuners
  • Fitted with D’addario EPBB170 phosphor bronze strings

Edited by grahamd
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, mybass said:

Good basses, I've had one for 20 years +.

Me too. Mine's an older AB20, still sounds good though.

The preamp seems to be more comprehensive on this one, so am guessing it will sound great.

GLWTS.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, grahamd said:

I tend to rest my thumb on the end of the neck  but move back for a tighter sound without any probs. A thumb rest would be easy to add I guess 

Me too! Either anchor my thumb there or on the E string as and when. It’s amazing how soon you get used to it. Great basses, do it!

• Like 1