Why become a member? ×

More Basschat Advertising Issues?

PatrickJ

I've trying to browse Basschat on my phone (Samsung) this evening.

Logging into basschat as normal, hit main screen once advertising loads I'm getting redirected to a Samsung prizes website, at which point this massive red warning appears.

Screenshot_20190507-190006_Chrome.thumb.jpg.39c204e20104464170c6e5e62986bcb3.jpg

Hit Basschat 2 or 3 times and the same thing happened each time.  Tried multiple other websites including Wikipedia and Talkbass , nothing, so appears to be isolated to BC.

Anyone else having similar issues?

I've just visited Basschat from my Galaxy S5 and that doesn't happen to me, nor has it happened in the past. (I'm always logged in on my phone, so I didn't have to enter my details.)

Even if that weird redirect is only on one site, it looks to me like something that has to do with your phone or browser rather than BC.

Anyone else?

12 minutes ago, Silvia Bluejay said:

I've just visited Basschat from my Galaxy S5 and that doesn't happen to me, nor has it happened in the past. (I'm always logged in on my phone, so I didn't have to enter my details.)

Even if that weird redirect is only on one site, it looks to me like something that has to do with your phone or browser rather than BC.

Anyone else?

Only started this evening, but I'm getting it on 2 phones now - my work Samsung and my personal Huawei.

Edited by PJ-Bassist

26 minutes ago, NickD said:

I've been getting this on my Motorola... Started earlier today, and this evening the site is unuseable on the phone, it redirects within seconds every time😭

You have to watch them, sometimes they end up with your phone details and send you premium rate texts. My mom got caught by one a couple of years ago, it cost her the best part of £100.

Edited by ambient

It’s due to the adverts being served on site which have been tricked into forcing redirects. I’ve raised it to have them flagged and removed but in the meantime I’ve disabled the ads. Sorry about that - but it can happen to any site at any time and is getting increasingly common, even though companies like Google do intercept most of them. 

If you were effected before you can clear your cache memory if you still see it  

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1