Why become a member? ×

Fender Telecaster Bass USA 1972 Sold elsewhere
£1150
Lancaster

ash

1972 Fender Telecaster Bass. This is the three bolt neck Telebass with large chrome humbucker pickup. This bass benefits from a single MIJ Jazz pickup at the bridge and a three way switch so you can use a combination of both or each one individually for a good range of sounds. There is a later signature under the hood and in the neck pocket I believe from the person who modded the electrics. You can get a massive muddy sub or articulate midrange from it. It looks like it has been stripped of the original finish to natural wood. It’s a good weight for a 70s Fender bass at 4.4kgs and comes with a rather scruffy none original old case that will protect it in transit. 

The modern thumbrest is wooden and one of the knobs is from a more recent Fender and the pots/wiring has been customised. The original fretboard was removed before I bought it and it had a replacement fretless rosewood board that I had fretted. The bass plays very well up the neck and is comfy and well balanced. It’s a lovely instrument though definitely not one for collectors since it’s been customised. It is an excellent players bass however. I’m open to sensible offers of course. 

UK only. Pickup preferred but I will post at buyers cost. Would trade for a maple neck US Precision with cash adjustment either way depending on age and condition. 

Note that the back of the neck is unmarked, very smooth to play with no big dings or dents, or major blemishes, there are some small cosmetic marks and minor bruises but negligible when playing. Pics added. 

Edited by ash
price drop
  • Like 1