Why become a member? ×

Ibanez Prestige Mono Rail Replacement/Upgrade

Nouse_

Hello, 

I've got an Ibanez 6 string prestige that has a couple of bust bridge saddles and needs replacing or upgrading. Can anyone recommend any upgrades bridge saddles or know anywhere that has stock of the originals? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks in advance! 

unnamed.jpg

Edited by Nouse_

That’s an SR3006e, right?

The hardware is Cosmo Black and I believe it has long ceased manufacture. You could try asking Ibanez UK?

I’ve been meaning to check whether the later mono rail bridges are a direct replacement as they are available (and much better). Having just scored an SR1605 at a very tasty price, I’ll check and report back. The only downside is that you’d have a black bridge and off-black tuners, but I’m looking into the feasibility of swapping out the tuners with (black) Hipshot Ultralites as they’re 50% lighter than the stock Gotoh GB707s.

• Like 1

So - newer monorail bridge units definitely don’t drop in - your bridge units are about 7.2cm long and the newer models are 6.1cm. Looks like your best bet is to see whether Ibanez can still supply them. I’ve emailed Headstock Distribution, the Ibanez U.K. representatives. The part number is 2BB1MR25K, FYI.

Edited by FDC484950
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Nouse_ said:

Hello, 

I've got an Ibanez 6 string prestige that has a couple of bust bridge saddles and needs replacing or upgrading. Can anyone recommend any upgrades bridge saddles or know anywhere that has stock of the originals? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks in advance! 

unnamed.jpg

How did the saddles break?