Why become a member? ×

NBD - 1964 spec Sonic Blue P bass

rubis

On ‎06‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 19:30, therealting said:

Wow, I actually own a 64 and I have to say that’s a wonderful job!

Oh you lucky bugger...........................Is it that sinful to covet another man's bass?

that's really nice of you to say, thank you 

On ‎06‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 21:47, Danuman said:

Sonic blue, mint green and rosewood... Fine work and excellent taste, sir!

Thank you Danuman, a man of impeccable taste as well 

22 hours ago, Hobbayne said:

Looks just like the Limelight I bought recently. You would be hard pushed to tell them apart!

Top job! 👍

Thanks Hobbayne 

I saw your Limelight...…………..very very nice 

I hope you are treasuring it 

• Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 13:45, booboo said:

Brilliant job. Love the relicing - looks genuine and realistic -steers away from the all too common 'had a fight with a belt sander' look.

Thank you kindly booboo, that's exactly what I was hoping to avoid, I am glad I didn't get carried away

Wow! Just wow, and well done sir :) This looks amazing. I have to say, I like the colour too - and somehow, it's a colour that improves with a bit of ageing... I don't quite know why I feel that way, but to me, it just does - as does the colour of the scratchplate. Great job on the ageing and colours :)

I wasn't a fan of Roadworn / relicing of basses... until I got a Fender Roadworn Jazz. I now have a RW Jazz and a Limelight P, and they are both superb basses.
This does look as good as a Limelight I recently saw for sale in the same colour.

One positive advantage of a Roadworn / Reliced bass, is that you're not quite so precious about them getting a little knock or ding at a gig (not that I purposely look to do that, of course)

I think you could maybe consider doing custom basses, for those of us old enough to not be able to afford a YOB bass :)

• 2 weeks later...