Why become a member? ×

SOLD £375. Vintage white Tribute 1954 Precision Bass
£450
Hertford

Sparky Mark

SOLD. Up for sale now is a vintage white  Precision bass that thebrig put together some time ago.

It is based on a 1954 model, and has a Warmoth body and Mighty Mite Jazz profile neck (nut width is 38mm not 42mm), it also has a Seymour Duncan Quarter-Pounder single coil pickup that really captures that P bass thump, CTS 250 pots, and a 0.047 cap.
The body did come with a small dip under the pickup cover that cannot be seen, but if you take the pickup cover off and hold the bass at an angle, it is noticeable in certain light conditions (I've tried to show it in a photo below - it's very very feint and starts mid pickup running at approx 45 degrees for about 2 inches). All the parts and components cost thebrig around £600 before my additions detailed below.

Since I bought this bass I :-

a) asked Brian (thebrig) to replace the decal with a USA sourced period correct decal.

b) had a high mass through body string bridge fitted.

c) had the body modified and through body stringing ferrules fitted.

Weight approx 8.25lbs according to me on my digital bathroom scales. It's a very comfortable weight. 

This is the prettiest bass I own, has a satin finished jazz bass profiled neck for those preferring slimmer necks. I'll be happy to keep this but I'm offering it up because I'm using a CS 62 P at the moment.

SOLD. Only £375 collected or local(ish) delivery/meet up from Hertford.

For sale only I'm afraid, not looking for trades.

Thanks for looking.

Edited by Sparky Mark
SOLD
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, seb said:

Great looking bass

It's actually not as white as the photos appear. My phone seems to bleach subtle tones. It is a  pale cream ( similar to olympic white) which is even nicer than it looks on here.

11 hours ago, hooky_lowdown said:

Not sure if it's me but the headstock shape doesn't look quite right. Has it been reshaped?

Yes, it's a jazz neck that has had the headstock shaped to an early Precisionesque profile.

Edited by Sparky Mark

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/08/2019 at 18:59, TwoStringsWouldBeEnough said:

Hi Sparky Mark, what kind of finish is it? Thank you

It's a water based polyurethane finish (environmentally more friendly than solvent based paints). Once dried, it is not water soluble, just in case anyone thought it might wash off in the rain!💦

Edited by Sparky Mark
  • Thanks 1

• MB1 locked this topic