Why become a member? ×

Bargain Finds

Quilly

My best bargain was a local gumtree find.

Was looking for a cheap backup PJ configured bass.  2001 Squier standard in metallic black with a 15watt Fender combo advertised for £150.  Went and had a look and it was ok, if a little unloved (dead strings, dusty & needing a setup etc).  Bloke said it had been bought as a package about 10yrs previously.

Told him I didn't really need the amp and offered £100 for the Bass, and he offered me the lot for £120.  I took it and sold the amp on for £50, making a grand total of £70 for the bass.  Still got it as my backup.

After last night's gig I was looking for a DI & eq pedal that had a midrange control and by sheer chance spotted a Radial Bassbone Tonebone for £151 being sold by Amazon. 

It was one of those anomalies that Amazon have in their pricing from time to time so I couldn't say no to that - should be here next week

Went back in this morning and they're back up to £299

Edited by Delberthot

Was helping my brother fix something at his house. He got a phone call from someone at work who’s dad was having a clear out. It was a bass cab needing gone as it was in the way. I agreed to take it without knowing what it was. I have the guy a bottle of wine for it. It was a very old Marshall 4x12 and had Hendrix era drivers in it. Gave the cab to a custom amp builder and he sold the drivers for me for £1300!!! Couldn’t believe it. It was well worth the bottle of Tesco’s Finest!! Used it to buy a custom cab and a new PC. 

1 minute ago, ped said:

Not literally picked up, presumably 🤣

Funnily enough he had brought a mate to help him carry it.

I picked it straight up, carried it to the car and popped it in, while his mate made a suitable comment 🙂

It ain't being strong, it's knowing how to lift...

Old guys rule  😎

• Haha 1