Why become a member? ×

Fun, exciting bass clef book?

Guest subaudio

Guest subaudio

Hi all.

I'm working on my reading, I've got a couple of good "learn to read" books and I'm working through the Rock School books in order, all good and I work on each daily, but none of them are fun or exciting to play.

I want to include a book that will develop my reading but that I actually enjoy playing the parts. so I don't get bored just playing dry stuff.

I can play, but my reading is slow.

I've got a Jaco book as a prize for myself when I'm at a level to confidently start work on it but its beyond my reading ability just now.

I want to have reached a realistic goal in each book at the end of each week.

I don't really mind the style too much (I've just started to listen to music again, so I'm well out of the loop) but I'm a fusion, groove guy with pretensions to take the odd tasteful solo really.

Oh, also, my preferred instrument is fretless but my fretless has some issues at the moment and is pining for a luthier, so fretted is also good.

Would love to hear your suggestions :)

Edited by subaudio

Guest subaudio

In my head I'm imagining a modern fusion esque book that goes from begginer to more advanced reading with play along tracks but satisfying, fun to play and hear parts that progress in difficulty throughout the book, but I'm well out of the loop on players or artists.

Thanks for the Charlie Parker recomendation, that's going on the list.

Any ideas?

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...