Why become a member? Ɨ

Anyone in Surrey/Berks/Hants able to pick up a bass for me in Northampton?

This is a bit of a long shot but...

I was the only bidder on a Washburn acoustic bass on eBay and much to my surprise I 'won' it. The only thing is, it is collection only, and I now live in DevonĀ šŸ˜².

I just wondered if any kind Basschatter could collect it fromĀ NN2 6DH and I will come and collect from you if that can be done in the Berkshire, Hampshire or Surrey areas, as I am coming to these counties in May and June.

Reasonable expenses paid or cash in kind (e.g. I have some spare unopened sets of strings).

Cheers,

Phil

I am in Northampton, I am happy to pick it up and hold it for you, you know how much you want to come up here and see the first bankrupt council in the country! Northampton, the place you drive through on your way to somewhere better!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Roger2611 said:

I am in Northampton, I am happy to pick it up and hold it for you, you know how much you want to come up here and see the first bankrupt council in the country! Northampton, the place you drive through on your way to somewhere better!!

Great, thanks Roger. Are you likely to venture a little further south of Northampton in the next few weeks?Ā  I'm coming up to Woking and Reading this month.

This is a bit of a long winded way around the problem but.....

I am going to the Mearfest NWOBHM weekend in Slough on 1st June to see one of my old bands ( SYZ) play a spot.Ā 

Ā IĀ  have already arranged to meet @Brook_fan at Reading Railway station at midday on Saturday 1st to pick up a bass I loaned him last year when he was in need of some support.

I could drive down to Northampton at some point before hand to pick up your bassĀ  and as long as you can get to Reading station at midday on the Saturday You can pick it up there.

I won't be able to stop and chat too long as the festival starts at 1.30 and I would need to get to Slough to check in at my hotel before going there.

Robbie will be coming up from Hampshire and may have the time to share the delights of reading with you though?

You could all come to the festival to see some sad old rock bands if you wish?šŸ˜œ

Just an IdeaĀ šŸ˜Š

Ray

44 minutes ago, Raymondo said:

This is a bit of a long winded way around the problem but.....

I am going to the Mearfest NWOBHM weekend in Slough on 1st June to see one of my old bands ( SYZ) play a spot.Ā 

Ā IĀ  have already arranged to meet @Brook_fan at Reading Railway station at midday on Saturday 1st to pick up a bass I loaned him last year when he was in need of some support.

I could drive down to Northampton at some point before hand to pick up your bassĀ  and as long as you can get to Reading station at midday on the Saturday You can pick it up there.

I won't be able to stop and chat too long as the festival starts at 1.30 and I would need to get to Slough to check in at my hotel before going there.

Robbie will be coming up from Hampshire and may have the time to share the delights of reading with you though?

You could all come to the festival to see some sad old rock bands if you wish?šŸ˜œ

Just an IdeaĀ šŸ˜Š

Ray

Thanks for thinking this one through, Ray. My friend Steve is one of the guitarists in The Dead Can Wait.

I'm coming up to the Reading area 3rd to 5th June, so it looks like we will miss you by a few days :(

It nearly flew!

Ā 

Cheers,

Ā 

Phil

• Like 1