Why become a member? ×

PA. Anyone using Alto TS315's or TS312's etc?

itsmedunc

After spending a small fortune on some BF FR800's and pair of RCF 745's, I discovered that gigs aren't happening as planned and to be honest, I'm tired of being the PA bloke. I sold the RCF's but still have the BF's. Now, because of the lack of gigs, I''m thinking of moving on the BF's on and buying something cheaper that can handle pub gigs. We will have to go back to hiring rigs for some venues when necessary.

Has anyone used the above or similar? Not particularly bothered about a sub as I'm not keen on them anyway. Something that will handle vox, a bit of guitar and a kick. Line up, 4 vox, 2 guitars, bass, medium hitter drummer. Handling bass would be a bonus but not really necessary. I only want to spend £600 max. New or secondhand would do. Tough ask, I know but as it stands the BF aren't earning their keep.

Thanks in advance.

We use two TS112s and a TS315 as our monitors.

The 112s are at the front and take vocals and guitar and bass if needed. The 315 is next to the drummer and takes bass, drums and a bit of guitar and vocals.

We've only had the 315 for a few gigs but pretty happy with it so far.

• Like 1

We have the 312 as tops that we run with a single 15" sub. Very happy with them. Haven't got much experience in comparison with what you have but they are absolutely fine for our usual pub and occasional slightly bigger gigs.

• Like 1

There was a fair bit of love for Alto TS monitors on this thread. So much so, in fact, that I ended up getting a TS308 for my bands (will likely get first gig use in a couple of week's time).

• Like 1

I use a pair of TS312's as FOH and occasionally monitors, dependent on the situation. They work pretty well for the money and if you can stretch to a sub as well, it's better.

A DJ friend of mine has a pair of TS315's and he loves those, so if you can get the chance, try a side-by-side of them to see what's better for. For all-round, it may be that the 15" gives you the ideal solution.

Having said that though, what is it you don't like about the Barefaced kit? I'd have thought it might be better to stick with what you already have, rather than taking the hit on them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jimmyb625 said:

I use a pair of TS312's as FOH and occasionally monitors, dependent on the situation. They work pretty well for the money and if you can stretch to a sub as well, it's better.

A DJ friend of mine has a pair of TS315's and he loves those, so if you can get the chance, try a side-by-side of them to see what's better for. For all-round, it may be that the 15" gives you the ideal solution.

Having said that though, what is it you don't like about the Barefaced kit? I'd have thought it might be better to stick with what you already have, rather than taking the hit on them.

Thanks for the info. I'll see if I can A/B them somewhere. I love the BF and the RCF's I've already sold but with few gigs I had too much money tied up in them. Plus I'm tired of sorting all the PA put. I sort of figure that I'll get some money back and a less capable rig should ensure that we have to go back to hiring a rig in and the workload will be off me. Well, that's the plan! 😀