Why become a member? ×

Looking for a pink pickguard

Pearl would look good. Otherwise, I think you're going to be needing to paint one.  It's not going to be easy to match that though, unless you get the body AND pg sprayed at the same time.

Edit: unless you like these:

https://www.wdmusic.co.uk/pickguards-c62/pink-t14

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pink-3-Ply-JB-Jazz-J-Bass-Pickguard-Scratch-Plate-Fits-US-Mexican-Fender-/252406004531

Edited by Grangur

Could you get a clear scratchplate and get a DIY emporium to scan that bass, or whatever you have in the pink you want, and mix you some paint, not emulsion though. Then paint the inside of the scratchplate, once covered it will appear even and glossy from the outside. If you go to a trade supplier to vehicle bodyshops they can scan it and mix you an aerosol of car paint which would be even better, still paint the inside of a clear scratchplate though as it will look like plastic once done. 

@TimAl would match that, easily.

and Jack’s while very good at what they do have recently quoted me a price I couldn’t quite believe for a pretty straightforward pickguard.

included in the quotation was a “£20 template surcharge” - frustratingly, the pickguard I need is one of the ones they use to advertise their service, but they make them and don’t make a template for future reference.

So if I don’t provide my own template (in this case the original pickguard) how do they propose to make me a pickguard.

screamed “idiot tax” to me, so I’ve gone elsewhere and will get as good a pickguard for a third of the price with someone less local but who I’ve used before.

if Tim did the material I require I’d only ever use him - he’s done loss for me before and it’s all been excellent.

Oh Ricky, what have you done! :o

That's just a bit wrong!

How about a silver mirror scratchplate & black coated strings (nexus or other)?

👍

Ps. Wasn't being sarcastic previously - thought it might look good; was wrong :(

Edited by Teebs