Left leaderboard
SurroundedByManatees

SOLD: Vintage Ibanez Musician MC924 made in Japan 1980 // €550,-
£475
Netherlands

Posted (edited)

Ibanez Musician MC924

gtsaSnO.jpg

Great vintage Ibanez top of the line model from 1980. It has passive and active electronics and has therefore a wide range of sounds. It plays good with medium low action (doesnt get as low as my Gibson, but it will be fine for most of us). Its a pretty bass with its nicely selected grained woods which show through the transparant lacquer. The fretboard is made of ebony

The bass has a lot of battle scars and a crack in the lacquer at the controls. Ive had the frets leveled about half a year ago, so they are in great shape. All electronics work like they should, though a pot or 2 may benefit from a little drop of cleaning spray.

x9dSyaw.jpg

8hi8C2d.jpg

jIZsDDM.jpg

Sb6Xo4f.jpg

yYIGG8o.jpg

pND0TiF.jpg

5JGw8KW.jpg

S0tQvC5.jpg

Ive had the bass set up with Fender 45-100 flats at the moment. A cheap but clean hardcase is included in the sale.

Fixed price now 550 Euros.

I am willing to ship  within europe/uk at buyers risk and expense. Rates may vary from 45-75 euros based on destination and shipping options. I know people will contact me that they ship basses from their country within europe for less, but I have only one shipping option that I know of (UPS) that takes this size parcels.

PS: This bass had been listed previously (at a higher price point), but I withdrawn it because of doubts. Now really something has to go :)

Edited by SurroundedByManatees
  • Like 2

The go to funk bass before Mark King bought a JD.   But what DO all those knobs do?

• Like 1

Front switch = pickup selector

Rear switch = active/passive

Top row: volume, master tone, gain (to control overall volume from the preamp) 

Bottom row: bass, mid, treble (or reverse) 

I wanted one for years...apparently it's difficult to find one under 10LBs

1 hour ago, TheGreek said:

I wanted one for years...apparently it's difficult to find one under 10LBs

I think this one is just below 10lbs. I remember it weighing in at 4,5 kg... But I should reweigh to be sure.

Actually I initially thought it was around 4 kg, when coming from my 5 kg  fenders😁

One of the best sounding basses I ever tried. Unfortunately far too big an instrument for little ole me. Great price too. 🤩

It's a very versatile bass. Sounds great with either flats or rounds. 

I also think the price is unbeatable. I've set it low for a quick sale, but surprisingly it's still here.