Why become a member? ×

Strap locks for Jack Casady bass

Hi.

I'm looking for strap locks I can use with my Jack Casady without having to take a drill to it and make/widen new holes. I've already returned a pair of Schaller S locks and a Loxx set as they're too fat. Are there any our there that have the same size screws?

Just now, Mr Randall said:

Hi.

I'm looking for strap locks I can use with my Jack Casady without having to take a drill to it and make/widen new holes. I've already returned a pair of Schaller S locks and a Loxx set as they're too fat. Are there any our there that have the same size screws?

Will the original screws not fit into those buttons? Still keep the locking mechanism but use the epiphone screws?

or, use some grolsch beer bottle washers and don’t bother with the screw in type.

Unfortunately not. The screw part of the Schallers was a fixed Allen key job - which wasn't supplied either, btw. I can't remember with the Loxx set but I'm pretty sure I would have tried to use the Epiphone screws if I could have.... I have read about the Grolsch method but I'd just prefer a pair of decent locks.    

27 minutes ago, Mr Randall said:

Unfortunately not. The screw part of the Schallers was a fixed Allen key job - which wasn't supplied either, btw. I can't remember with the Loxx set but I'm pretty sure I would have tried to use the Epiphone screws if I could have.... I have read about the Grolsch method but I'd just prefer a pair of decent locks.    

Use them on all of mine except one - only because it shipped with schaller ones which I’ll be taking off.

i used to use Dunlop’s but they stick out a lot

2 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

or, use some grolsch beer bottle washers and don’t bother with the screw in type.

Beat me to it...

This was going to be my suggestion....and you get to drink the Grolsch...

(not me, I'm tee total)

If you want them in colour:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4pcs-Rubber-Strap-Lock-Set-For-Guitar-Musical-Instruments-Accessories-FEH/333141284366?epid=23013471358&hash=item4d90c4960e:g:VKsAAOSw7z1aON48

Dunlop do the twisty ring with the turny keyhole type, I have a feeling that's not the correct name 😁

They just fit over the original strap pin like a grolsch washer but you then rotate the outer ring to lock the on. I've never had any problems with them and they're cheap, £3.99 a pair on Amazon. 

On 01/05/2019 at 18:13, Mr Randall said:

Hi.

I had a set of Schaller S locks on mine. No issues putting them on. Maybe they did widen the holes when i put them on, i never took them off afterwards though.

i got a pack of those rubber washers but never got around to using them, as i dont tend to keep straps on my basses when I’m not using them, and the washer system just seemed like more hassle (even thoug hi know others swear by them). 

• Like 1