Why become a member? ×

Sensing a theme in the classifieds at the moment...

therealting

I really liked my MB amp. When I quit gigging I thought I could still use it as a practice amp (because it was so small and lightweight) but it just energised my small practice room too much. Nice to know I could pick another one up if I ever get the call to arms.

1 hour ago, stevie said:

It's one of the biggest brands in the industry. You'd expect plenty for sale in the classifieds.

+1^^ Exactly.

Anyone fancy counting up the number of Fender basses currently in the FS? Then add the ones on Gumtree, eBay and being sold used by stores for good measure! 😎 

• Like 1

Yeah I noticed the same thing. I have allowed the MB gear I'm selling to slide quietly into the oblivion of the nether pages. I'd rather keep it than sell at a silly price. Its excellent gear and doesn't take up too much room after all. 

It’s been mentioned before about other ‘smaller’ brands, and you hear phrases like customers talking with their feet or their wallet. It appears what is sauce for the goose is not necessarily sauce for the gander - Be interesting what the defined popularity to for sale ratio has to be to decide its a trend to mediocrity in a product.

• Like 1

My 121H traveller may be joining that list soon.  Hardly a fad thing though, had it well over 12 years - it's one of the original traveller cabs before the redesigned them to stack better with other cabs.

Only selling as I've just ordered an active frfr solution to go with my helix and I can't see me ever needing a proper amp and cab again, not to mention, we haven't got the storage space for both!

I've noticed a fair amount of MarkBass stuff on sale as well...never played with any personally...

More annoyingly for me though, ever since I ordered a brand new Barefaced SuperTwin on the last week in March, which was just delivered on Monday, there appears to have been quite a number of BF Super12's / SuperTwin's listed...could've save myself a considerable wedge had I waited three or four weeks...!

The Law of Sod...!

Edited by lou24d53
  • Haha 1

Yeah, I noticed this last night. It was the same thing with EBS a few years back..... fads in gear come and go..... the EBS stuff had some nice character though.
Never liked Markbass myself (YMMV) so doesn't bother me.

I predict the same for Darkglass in a year or two....

Edited by cetera
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

Totally agree...I had one of the heads, kept it for less than 2 weeks. Unimpressed. 

Come on, let's have a roll call of ALL the D class heads that didn't make the Greek 'cut'? (Will the last Trace Elliot head left standing please switch off the venue lights! 😂)

Did I correctly read you as saying recently on another thread that NO ONE cares about bass tone? In which none of it matters...

Edited by Al Krow