Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN: 2004 Japanese Jazz
£750
Oxfordshire

knirirr

Edit: Withdrawn to see if I can get a commission sale.

As this is the best-looking jazz I've seen (IMO) I'm not entirely sure I want to sell it, but now I've got fretless basses to my liking it simply doesn't get played, and some money might be useful. I've enquired about getting a maple fretless neck made, but without success.

I bought it from a Japanese seller last year (unfortunately not realising quite how much I'd be fleeced by HM Customs), and since then it has been set up by Dave Smart (September 2018, IIRC). The strings are Rotosound 77s, 45/65/85/105. There's a gig bag with it, unless anyone buys my "spare" fretless first (they won't). It survived the journey from Japan in this and so might be postable, though collection would be preferred.

There are a few chips and marks here and there but in general it is pretty good, I think. As it's a 70s-style reissue the stacked knobs are presumably not the original configuration.

IMG_0988.jpg

Edited by knirirr
  • Like 6

Just now, FinnDave said:

Dave Smart could probably de-fret it for you, and I'm sure he'd do a good job. It's a good looking bass, worth hanging on to, I reckon.

Unfortunately, I hate lines on a fretless and the side dots would be in the wrong position for me, otherwise I'd do exactly that.

Just now, knirirr said:

Unfortunately, I hate lines on a fretless and the side dots would be in the wrong position for me, otherwise I'd do exactly that.

Fair point, just thought I'd suggest it (and drum up a bit more business for Dave - I've been having a clear-out this year, so I've only taken one bass to him for some work. Last year it was one a month, I reckon!).

• Like 1